Masters Running

Wicked Wednesday, 1.23.13 (Read 42 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Steve, It sure seems that John was glad to have you there yesterday. I'm sure it was very hard for you, but it probably did you both a lot of good. You had a heck of a workout with H & T, and the last thing you needed was breaking through the ice! Glad you survived.

The Tet & Tammy team sure are entertaining!!  It's always fun to see the "feet" shot. It's been a while since the hot tub was mentioned...

That cartoon strikes too close to home, at times, Dave.

I'm jealous of your X-C skiing, Mariposai - we've been waiting for enough snow around here for some skiing for a year and a half.

Mainerunnah, it's nice to see that you got back together with your sister - I'm sure she appreciates your support. Congrats on a greta half, and thanks for the pics/video of you looking so good!

I could also be easily talked into trying smoked meatloaf. What's the secret?

Regarding the Appetite Workout - I'm usually not all that much more hungry after a workout than if I hadn't done one - but after a workout, I eat with less guilt.

Congratulations on pending grandparenthood, Tselbes! Very good and exciting news!

Alas, I had another late meeting last night, and needed my sleep this morning, so there was no hitting the roads. But I didn't get up too late, and spent about 45 minutes doing stretches and core exercises (including, of course, my daily planks). Tonight shouldn't be a late night, so I'm hoping to be back on the roads tomorrow morning.

Have a great day, and stay warm!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...tselbs

is gonna be

a Great GrandParent//...........can't wait for him to post how many feet the Baby crawled each day.....

jus'kiddin'

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good morning Jay!

Hi TW!

Hugs to both Dave and Steve.  I'm sorry for your losses.

Congrats to Maine on the AG win!

And I'm envious of Mari as well.  We haven't had enough snow for skiiing for weeks now.

-4°F when I got to the pool, so the jog across the parking lot is likely going to rate as my only more-miles-than-degrees "run" for this winter.  There was quite a crowd, so I pool ran in the deep end until one of the lanes came available (still had to share, but I wasn't going to force a circle swim with two others).  Got in 1000m and managed to almost dry my hair before hitting the cold air again.

ttfn

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Tramps

Steve—you’re a good friend.

Balmy 15F this morning but, still, I had to break out the long running pants for the first time this season.  I was scheduled for 7 MP miles but ended up closer to tempo pace, so that’s what I’m calling it.  10 miles with 7 @ tempo.

Stay warm.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Tramps, I did see that mismatched outfit, but what was I going to do?  Maine is a friend.

Balmy here too, mid-50's.  My RP wanted to do track work, so I went with her and just did a light workout, 1 x 800, then 3 x 400, all at around 7 min/mile pace.  My legs are still not fresh, so I was pretty happy with this.

I'm getting my speeding ticket changed, through the help of a Missouri law firm to a non-moving violation, avoiding a 3-point violation and keeping it off my record, but the municipality will then charge me more, like double the fine.  But this is okay with me as it won't go on my record and get picked up by my insurance company.

Jay, no secret to the meatloaf prep as you saw on yesterday's post, but what makes it delicious is that you get all that smoke flavor, a nice crust, and cooking it on the open grill means you don't get all that fat as you do when you cook it in a pan.   Spareribs

Tramps, I did see that mismatched outfit, but what was I going to do?  Maine is a friend.

You tell em Ribs! Besides I actually got a great deal of compliments on the "bright" shoes...maybe they even helped me with my speed or lack thereof. Wink

I got in a nice 8 mile progressive run after work yesterday at the gym with /8 x .10 strides included at about the .9 mark every mile, felt pretty good even on tired legs.  1:03:20 (7:55)

An easy 12 miles on tap for today, once again on the treadmill.  Boy is it frigid here today especially with the wind chill but I won't complain since it isn't anywhere near what our good friends in Alaska get for temps.

...ok, back inside//.......20's today

============

30min BikeRide.............said ''hi'' to a Runner, he ignored me.

Since

I never remember a Biker saying Hi, I'll spot him one.

38min poolrun,

several AquaRobics Ladies said ''hi'' I, of course, waved back.

..........there's a Lesson here, but still trying to figure out what it is......

........................good running guys...............Wave or Throw Stuff.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Hey Guys

Slow day in here as far as quantity of posts. makes it easier to read though.

Had to break up my run into two parts. 4 miles early and I'll get another tonight.

I see nothing wrong with your outfit maine. Added color is cool for runners.

Keep on waving tw. It will keep you out of trouble.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Good evening!

Not much to talk about - busy busy at work and just trying to keep my head above water.  Cough is diminishing and I'm on the mend.

4 miles this morning on the TM, followed by planks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Congrats tselb on the little bundle...

Nice AG win Maine...

Hope you feel better soon Holly!!!

4 miles for me and my RP this morning, still coughing once in awhile ...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Good evening!

Not much to talk about

Well, I guess I'll do enough talking for both of us then.

It's 6:00 p.m., I'm still at work (okay, I'm staying late 'cause I'm going to a class at church at 7:00, but still . . .), I've been here since 8:00, no lunch break, and this is the first time I've been able to get in here.  I tell you, this trust administration we're dealing with is about to do me in . . .

Rant On

Because the 3 sisters, two of whom are co-trustees, can't get along, I and the paralegal from the other side have to frigging babysit these people all next week in order to get things moving re getting the personal property out of the house.  I was at Bank of America in McKinleyville for 3+ hours today while we all inventoried the safe deposit box and then cashed in the CDs.  Monday I have to go back to McKinleyville in the afternoon so the four of us can drag all the crap out of the garage attic down into the house.  Tuesday I have to spend half the day at the house with everyone, possibly including the beneficiary sister who has created this frigging mess, while the appraiser appraises all the personal property (and don't get me started on that).  Thankfully, I have to leave by 12:30 so I can get to my 1:30 doc appt re my foot, but that just means the other paralegal in our office has to go babysit.  Wednesday morning I have to go back for 3 hours so the same pain in the butt sister can spend time in the house, going from room to room, looking at all the personal property and saying her goodbyes.  Then I have to go back at 3:00 when the movers are there so they can ascertain what will need to be packed up and moved by them.  Then Thursday and Friday - all frigging day - while the three beneficiaries (3 sisters who don't get along) do a lottery dividing up the parents' personal property.  And if it doesn't get completed in those two days, will have to back on the weekend until it's done.  So far at a minimum, it will be 33 hours next week dealing just with this one case.  Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!! These women have absolutely no idea how much in attorneys' fees they are racking up simply because of pettiness and spitefulness.  It's really sad.

Okay.  I'm done.

Rant Off

What did I do today exercise-wise?  7 miles this a.m. that need to go down in the book entitled "I Need to Forget this Run Ever Happened."  It was horrible.  I didn't think yesterday's core workout included that much lower body (i.e., legs), but I guess it did 'cause my legs were dead, dead, dead this morning.  . . . . . . . . . .  basically, from the time I got up about 30 minutes ago, it has been what I affectionately refer to as a Suck Butt Day.   . . . . . . okay then . . . . . moving along . . . . .

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Rant away, Leslie!  Regarding your run...these crappy runs is what makes you so dang tough.  You always impress me.

Jay--have I told you, lately, how much I enjoy your posts?

Yeah, TW, I think we're going to hear a lot about Tom's grandchild...I can't wait.

Maine--I never congratulated you on your race the other day.  Nice job.

No run for me, today...just weights and planks.

Okay--that's it for me.  Good night.

Mariposai

Butterfly hugs to Leslie. I think we all had one of those days at one point or another.

Yeah!!!! Tselbs is going to be a grandpapa!!!! hurray!!!!!

Well, I sure can go on and on about this and that, but I am so totally procrastinating my work here ( hahah...that sounds too much like something twocat would say), but indeed, I have only a few hours left to prepared for a presentation and I have done enough procrastinating...

---so to the point....

My wings....

Went to the gym, the gym was closed.
                            Walked home on wet snow, which made my running shoes all wet.
                            Got to the driveway, which was not plowed, was tempted to shovel...but said...nooo

Got on my TM and decided to start testing my lung to see how fast and far I can go and I was surprised with what I found out:

1 mile @ 12 pace; it felt good; decided to go faster...
                            1 mile @ 11; it felt good; decided to go faster...
                            1 mile @ 10, it felt good; decided to go faster...(what the heck, I have not run sub 10 for over a month...let us try it...)
                            1 mile @ 8:41 (dream MP pace), it felt good; decided to stay there.
                            1 mile @ 8:41;
                            1 mile @ 8:41;
                            1 mile @ 12 to cool down and ...
                            at that point I called it good!

Roll eyes

Buenas noches amigos!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Good for you Nancy! But... take it easy, re-entry after the crud can be hard.

Holly, I hear ya on being busy. Just scanning today's (short) thread tells me I need to go back and read yesterday. Tselbs is gonna be a grandpa? What happened to Steve's friend (sorry to ask)? Tet and Tammy's feet are showing again? Obviously I've missed things.

Been crazy busy with work lately. I sure hope things settle down soon. I'm hoping once we get some benefit plan changes finalized and can start the actual education and implementation process, things will be less hectic. Still busy, but less hectic. Yes, there's a difference. Today was 2 employee forums in Juneau. I left work Tuesday mid-afternoon after an almost frantic day of wrapping up several things, took off a little after 5 and landed about 9:30 p.m., headed to the hotel and crashed. The internet there sucked so couldn't check e-mail or anything.

Got in an icy run in light rain and 35° which is better than the rain/snow mix that was forecast. The rain let up and it was actually not bad out, but the ice was just too much to deal with after awhile. I crossed the road to find better footing (a higher level bikepath on the other side) and was somewhat successful. Still, I'd planned on 7-8 miles but ended up with 5.5. Good enough. In better conditions, I like to run out to Mendenhall Glacier but that was not gonna happen today.

First run this week for me. And could tell that while I'm better, I'm certainly not 100%. Some stops to cough and blow rockets, and had some tightness in my chest so my lungs aren't clear yet by a long shot. This crud takes some time to get over, that's for sure!

SteveP

...tselbs

is gonna be

a Great GrandParent//...........can't wait for him to post how many feet the Baby crawled each day.....

well...pictures at least.

(((((Leslie)))))

SteveP