Masters Running

Thursday 12/31/15 The Last Day of 2015 (Read 36 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hiya Econo!  Bummer about the cold - hope you feel better soon.

Happy New Year to all my RA masters friends!  You guys rock!  Checking in here always helps keep me motivated to run.

I went out early this morning (Jay dark-thirty) and run 10 miles around the circumference of Isla Mujera.   Running that early isn't so bad when it's the coolest, least trafficky part of the day, and there are street lights here, too.  I was still short of 2000 miles, but my DH and DD were up when I came back to our place, and wanted to go grocery shopping, so I figured I'd finish up my miles in the afternoon.  I checked my log, and I needed either:

1.2 miles to end on 2000 miles

3.1 miles to end December on a prime

4.2 miles to end 2015 on a prime

I headed out at about 4:30, when it wasn't quite as hot as midday, and figured at 0.6 miles I'd decide whether to turn around or keep going.  I felt sluggish at the start, but by 0.6 miles I was getting in the groove, so I kept going.  I found a small lake with a nice trail around it that the owner of our place here told me about, so I ran around the lake and headed back.  I overshot 3.1 miles - I was at 3.8 when I got back, so I ran up and down the street till I got to 4.2 miles - the dumb things runners do!!!   So I ended the year at 2003 miles.

Anyway, it's been a good year overall - some ups and downs, but mostly good.  Hope you all have a wonderful New Year's eve!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

I made it out for about 10k today. Nice day, but the bikepaths were kind of a mess. Why would they plow the paths, and then have the plows zoom by on the road to throw snow and ice chunks all over the path? Aggravating. But the return trip didn't seem so hard with a nice tailwind.

We're not doing anything much for New Year's. There are fireworks up on campus, and we'll probably go to those at 8. We've made a really good looking chili from one of the fussy America's Test Kitchen recipes, and it should be done about the same time as the fireworks. DH would rather stay home. Hmph. We'll go do fireworks, then come home for chili. It'll only get better as it sits, right?