Masters Running

Christmas Eve - 24 December (Read 35 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Deez,not sure what they're worth, bad Catholic that I am, but praying for you and DS.

Ditto Nancy.

My South Dakota friend with the brain tumor is doing well.  She reports that  the other day, instead of her nurse's usual "hang in there," she told Jodi  "I'm glad to see you're doing so well!"

In addition, her sister did some research and her doctor got in touch with the research doctor who is using a new treatment device at Mayo (seriously) and so she's now going to get it--the new treatment-- in Rapid City.

Team work!

Happy Holidays to everyone.

most sincerely,

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Healing prayers to Nick, Nancy's father, and your South Dakota friend Amos. And a peaceful, blessed Christmas to all of my virtual friends.

In the big scheme of things I feel bad posting this, but I went down our basement to get some wrapping paper to finish up a few gifts, and when I stepped on to the carpet in our family room, my wet feet and the "squishing" noise sent me into panic mode. Sure enough, our sump pump quit. With a normal winter that wouldn't have been a big issue, but it's been unseasonably warm here and we've had a lot of rain. The carpet is soaked, there are water stains on the walls and the downstairs bathroom had standing water on the floor. We've got the final walk-through and closing with our buyers scheduled for next Tuesday. We just called a restoration company to see if they can send a crew over to start pumping out water and helping us dry stuff out. Let's see - emergency service on Christmas Eve at ???/hour x ??? hours =   It had to be done and we have to disclose this and don't want mold to become a problem. But we have a $1,500 deductible on our homeowners insurance...

Like I said, with family and friends' health issues of major concern, this is a small problem to have. Just really rotten timing. But it's just water, right?

Merry Christmas everyone. I couldn't ask for better friends

Mariposai

Butterfly hugs to Jlynne. I am so sorry to hear about your basement issue and in such a bad timing too. Hang in there sistahh, this also shall pass.

Denise, at our Christmas eve dinner table we prayed for Nicholas and the whole family. Please keep us posted.

I had an unexpected 4 hours off today thanks to the good boss, so I came home at noon and I was able to have a luxurious nap which was followed by a nice 5 miler with the Easy Pacer, then it was time to cook our Paraguayan Christmas eve dinner celebration. Just 5 people at the table. With my trip to S.A this weekend I had no energy to cook for a crowd. A lovely evening chatting with our son David and his girlfriend in Germany. Grand time.

Time to go to bed. Tomorrow is coming too soon.

Feliz Navidad to all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I said I'd post at first Erika sighting - we saw her running at the U yesterday eve, on our way to a potluck.

I did 9 on the trails yesterday, one of my favorite loops.

E maybe we could meet at ACRC or something?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I said I'd post at first Erika sighting - we saw her running at the U yesterday eve, on our way to a potluck.

dear snowcat - whew, when I saw "we saw her running," I was wondering if anyone else other than you and Erika ran through the winter up there.

ps - did colorado get too warm for you?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Merry Christmas to my RA family.

deez, I'm sorry to hear about your son and send healing vibes, wishes for the best medical care, and hopes for speedy remission.  mari, I'm also sorry to hear your father is ailing.  You're doing the right thing to go to see him and the rest of your family.  I'm sending my wishes for the best possible outcome and a good time with your family.  jlynne, what a bummer about the sump pump failure and the timing of it.  Nice long run for CNY.

This morning, it was in the mid 30s and there was some wind at my son's.  I got in 6 miles at an 11:47 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I did 9 on the trails yesterday, one of my favorite loops.

E maybe we could meet at ACRC or something?

I am just here for a couple weeks of family time. There is a hardcore contingent that runs throughout the winter.