Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e July 20th (Read 299 times)

Dutchie42-22.6K running + 2.5K walking eliz-4.5 miles running +4.7 walking + kayaking and kid wrangling evanflein-45.3 miles + 2 walking + gardening evryday-3 miles + festivating???sounds like someting Tet would say fatozzig-27 miles Franc-44.7 miles...welcome back lyndenrunner-23 miles + ocean swimming pfriese-5.2 running + 62.7 cycle...glad you're feeling better tetsujin-46.2 miles...nice week tet Thanks again for last week Leslie...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-6@8:00 Tue-7@7:40 Wed-8@8:03 Thur-8@7:48 Fri-5@8:22 Sat-8@7:49 Sun-20@8:14 Total=62 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Mon - driving home for 3 doctor's appointments and back to the shore in time for a meeting tonight, so . . . rest Tues - walked 1.5 miles; ran 4.0 miles (with a hint of sproink actually returning); kayaked for 1-1/2 hours - life is good Smile Wed - 11-mile bike ride before leading my first solo beach nature tour; maybe some kayaking later Thurs - full moon kayak tour with my best friend - pretty leisurely in terms of physical exercise, but a brilliant workout for our spirits Smile Fri - ran 4.5 miles, walked 2.1 - longest outing since before I took almost 3 weeks off in June Sat - 3 hours kayaking; 2+ hours sailing Big grin Sun - exhausted from so much sun and water yesterday - rest Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

No problem, Gordon. Hope you had a good vacation! Mon - Rest/Recovery Tues - 3 miles + 1 hr. strength/core Wed - Recovery Thurs - Recovery Fri - 6 mile progression run Sat - Nursing my bad knee after an uncomfortable walk at Relay for Life 3 hours yard work (constituting cross training!) Sun - 1 hour bike ride on trainer (First time using trainer. What a workout!) Running: 9 miles Biking: 1 hour Strength/Core: 1 hour Yard Work: 3 hours Wink

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

This week ends with one of my favorite races... I hope I'm ready! Here's my Plan: Monday: 4 miles EZ/Recovery...................4.5 miles at 8:12 pace, ok, not the EZ plan... Tuesday: 5 miles EZ................................6.6 miles at 8:28 pace, EZ effort; .6 mile walk c/d Wednesday: 9 miles run home from work......9 miles done, plus 1.5 mile walk (c/d and with the dog later) Thursday: 5 miles EZ.............................5.5 trail miles, not as easy as planned but DONE Friday: usual rest day............................4 easy miles Saturday: 6 miles flat & easy................6 miles on treadmill, .92 mile walking Sunday: 16.5 miles Gold Discovery Run....DONE in 2:15:05 (just shy of 2 minutes off my PR... oh well), plus a little over a mile walk with DH and the pets in the evening. 52.1 miles running, 4+ miles walking for the week.
            pfriese

No plan for this week, just reporting in as I go.
              DayMilesComment
              Monday5 miles running - done 9:16/mile avg pace, felt great
              Tuesday14 miles bicycling - donewith YDD
              Wednesday3.25 miles running - done9:00/mile avg pace
              Thursdayrest day - doneactually, lawn mowing
              Fridayrest day - donemore lawn mowing
              Saturday26.2 miles bicycling - done with youngest DD
              Sunday51.2 miles bicycling - done another beautiful morning ride
              Total8.25 miles running 91.5 miles bicycling
              Paul
              Dutchie42

Goooood Morning everyone, thanks Gordon for starting the thread and doing the tallies. Mon....11K easy run plus 36min of UB weights (incl. abs) and I biked to and from work (6.5K one way). Tue....4.4K recovery run plus I biked from home to work (total 13K) Wed...It rained and I didn't want to get wet. Biked to work though, another 13K total. Thu... Fri.... Sat... Sun...

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mahalo nui loa aloha boy. Better watch out lynden or you’ll be catching the ultra-trail bug from leslie, franci and me, and maybe arf’ll come too. ETA - 3.3 miles for my Sunday - Saturday week as planned warm-ups up-and-down the face of the main access roade before the Queen Anne 3.3 mile fun run of the weekend's barefoot running fizzled as too much else going on. This weekend is our Fifth Annual RunningBarefoot Festival here in Seattle so I’ll get 3.3 miles out of the thongs for sure to add to this month’s 16 barefoot miles so far and plus some warm-ups up-and-down Queen Anne Hill on the way to the start like ilene used to do on Signal Hill. <>iguessi'mnoilene)>>Angry Sunday (July 13) - taper Monday (July 14) - taper Tuesday (July 15-) - taper Wednesday (July 16) - taper Thursday (July 17) - first midnight madness full moon swim of the summer Friday (July 18) - taper Saturday (July 19) - PNW RunningBarefoot Festival Road Run (Crown of Queen Anne 3.3 Mile Fun Run) + as many warm-ups up-and-down Queen Anne Hill as possible (i.e. - zero) barefoot - 3.3 miles (week) ; 19.3 miles (MTD)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I forgot to tell you guys - here's the link to my RR for last weekend: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/ultra/Forum/4c58105941b94f5084001bd4c5015052 (((sigh))) Didn't turn out like I had hoped . . . Undecided

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Leslie - you're amazing taking the the hardest of the hard for your introduction to ultratrail running. Sounds like you have hydration figured out and now know how important regular food nutrition is when you're out there seven or eight hours or more. In a way, it's kind of like a hike for us slower participants. I've been applying the marathon nutrition standard 20oz liquid (water bottle-and-a-half) and 40 grams of carbos (one energy bar, two gels, five shot blocks, etc.) per hour to ultras and IM's but my 35-IM veteran says one full water bottle and 40 grams every HALF hour is better, especially in summer when temps warmer. I'm looking forward to trying it out. Though you've got the other part figured out that it's not necessary to wait for the official facilities, for us slowbies, I up the water/sports-drink intake right away if an hour passes without any action. With regard to off-trail venues for the other part, it did give me a start when you "rounded a corner and found Phil dumping." Incidentally, it's been a hard lesson for me to learn too but YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO WALK UP THE HILLS! I used to be a runner all the way no matter what including DNF's but have been able to transform several of those past DNF's to timely finishes by swallowing my pride and walking, walking, walking. Good luck on more walking and more nutrating on the next one. ps - I'll introduce to my now good sweeper friend Kevin if you ever get up here.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tet - I'm very much a walker of the hills, which frustrates my running partner to no end when we train together. Saturdays are the only days we run together, but it's also my only trail running day, thus I try and work on my run/walk combo. The whole "so many calories, so much carbs" eludes me. I need actually quantity of food. My friend, Kate, finally broke it down for me: One Clif bar is approximately 250 cal, and she eats 1/3 every 20 minutes. Sets her timer to go off. This, too, I need to practice more on the Saturday runs. It's all hit and miss. Hopefully I've missed enough between Forest Park and SOB to start hitting. Wink

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

nowor

Vacation week in IL visiting family and then 5 days in Chicago dodging SR on Mich Ave Sun-3 mi at Silver Springs St Park M-F walked all over Chicago and did extra laps at Art Institute and ICA Sat-Home again Sun-yoga AHHHHH Summary: Vacation was great