Masters Running

Monday May 12 Runs and Workouts (Read 43 times)

Holly S. a great present!

enkephalin another great race!  Congratulations on the AG award!

Mike E get a mental checkup.  Really, there is no good reason to join the ultra ladies here.  Stop at 26.2!  This is your last chance!  

fattozig you are just plain evil!  See note to Mike E above.  More seriously, I hope your tendinitis flair goes away fast.

Spareribs it sounds like you made a terrific dinner.  I am sure your family really appreciated the Herculean effort you put into it.

wildchild really, you need to move.  Maybe Ecuador?. By now you deserve a snow free decade.

I hope all of the ladies here at RA had a wonderful Mother's Day!  Yes, fattozig I think cats count!  So do dogs and pretty much any critter (be they four legged or two)!

As usual I was in charge of my in-laws Mother's Day meal.  But, this year I kept the menu down, yes like fattozig I can learn!  Ribs (beef and pork), jicima salad (via a recipe produced via a combined effort by Mariposai and me), Brussels sprouts with turkey bacon, twice baked potatoes and bread pudding with a bourbon sauce.  There were relatively few leftovers which means everybody went home happy!

Oh yea, running!  I nearly forgot.  Today was 10 miles along one of my hillier routes.  After the Flying Pig marathon I decided the number of hills in my routes should certainly go up! (Cough, cough.)

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Another quick post.

I'm with Tom, today.  I felt like crap all day.  Headache...weird feeling stomach...just plain tired.  I was wondering all day how I was going to get through my run tonight.  But, then...I started running.  2 mile warm up in 15:55.  6 x 1 in 6:31-6:29-6:28-6:32-6:32-6:26 with a 1/4 mile recovery run between each.  1.75 mile cool down in 13:45.  11 miles total in 1:18:33.  I felt so dang strong, tonight.  I don't want to jinx myself, but I feel so ready for Buffalo in 2 weeks.

Yes...Twocat...I should have my head examined.  After I did a 100k a few years ago, I vowed to never go past 26.2 miles again...but women have always made me do stupid things...and so...another stupid thing I will, more than likely, do.  It's only in this place where people do 50 mile runs to celebrate their 50th birthdays...and then think that others would even think about joining them...and then people make plans...and rearrange their schedules...so they can.  I think we should all have our heads examined.  The one question does still remain...50k...or 50 miles.  How can I only do 50k if the dang women do 50 miles?  See what I mean?  Dang women!

Okay--I stayed on here way too long!  See ya!

Maniac 505

Holly,  How wonderful!  You have raised a GRETA daughter.  so looking forward to what the the future brings.

Okay, here goes (remember this comes from an 11yo - all may change when she becomes a teen):

1. You're nice

2. You're protective

3. You're beautiful

4. You're polite

5. You're lovable

6. You help when needed

7. You help when not needed (offering help any time)

8. You're respectful to me

9. You're too good to be true

10. You're the best mom ever!

Ribs - what Leslie said.

Carolyn - it is lovely, but I am so done with winter!

evanflein

Pretty cute, Holly. Yes, enjoy it while it lasts!

Sounds like everyone had a good mother's day yesterday, whether your children are human, feline or whatever.

I plowed thru a couple of projects today I really needed to get done. Means I was there right till 5, with just a couple of breaks, heated up my lunch, and at 3 pm I went outside to soak up some sunshine. I will NOT do this sort of thing this summer. Promise! We had smoke today! Not sure where it's coming from. The reported so-called causes couldn't have produced so much wide-spread smoke.

Left at 5:15 or so and ran 5.55 miles on the Sheep Creek trail. 72° and sunny. Started on the road, went by the reindeer farm (several adorable babies!!), then moved over to the trail that was too wet and muddy last week, and snow covered two weeks before that. A little mud, a couple puddles, but no worse than after a hard rain. Yay! Ran a couple miles out, then back and up the "commuter trail" behind the reindeer farm. Unfortunately, that part of the trail is just about ruined by bikes and foot traffic on it when it was muddy. Why can't people use sense and stay off a fragile trail? It's a real ankle-turner now. Drat. It'll probably be several weeks before they grade it or resurface it, or whatever it'll take to fix it.

SteveP

That is simply adorable Holly. She nailed it.

Here's to hoping you're 100% soon Ribs.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Holly--that really was a nice Mothers Day gift...and you really do deserve it.