Masters Running

August Masters Miles (Read 44 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow - it's the end of August already!  Time to post your monthly mileage, PRs, AG awards, and anything else about your life or your running this month!  August had 5 weekends, so we should see some good mileage posted!   Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, cool totals, and whatever else I feel like.

This is a picture of me and a friend on the continental divide trail yesterday, heading down toward Rollins Pass.

photo credit: Raymond Downey

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

C-R

Wow. What a pretty pic. Thanks Wild.

229.8 miles for me this month.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just a dude.

259.9 for the month for me.

1567.7 for the year so far.

Ran one race. 1 mile in the track in 5:11...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1st 50 mile trail race 13:29: x x

90 F

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

evanflein

203.7 miles for me for August. Good thing there were 5 weekends... I had so many days off for travel and work related stuff that I barely made my 200 mile monthly goal!

3 races in August...

HM with 1st in AG

Marathon with 2nd in AG (Revel Rockies Denver Marathon)

5k trail race, 1st in AG (race was actually short, 2.8 miles)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

71 miles

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

213.9 August miles for me...my highest monthly total ever.

Marathon Maniac #957

What a gorgeous picture!

220.5 miles for me in August, which is the highest mileage month for me since August of 2010.

1386.9 ytd

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Only 95.3 miles for me but had marathon right in the middle.  So August was a taper month.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!  Very cool picture.

Lets see...what happened in August...I turned 56...oh--I took 3rd (AG) in the 100 meters, 2nd (AG) in the 1500 meters and 1st (OA) in the 10K at the MN Senior Games.  That stuff was so long ago, I almost forgot it.  I think that was all the races I did.

Aug: 305

2014: 1726

Okay--bring on September!

coastwalker

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the gorgeous photo!

132.6 RW miles in August.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Gotta love those 5-weekend months.

By sheer coincidence...200.2

Be safe. Be kind.

BTY

Beautiful picture!

67.4 shameless miles. I believe that is another prime number and while comparatively low, it's a 50% increase over July's total of 43.

No races entered so nothing to report there. One pulled hamstring, one swarming by ground bees (simultaneously) , and I closed out the month on Friday with a Bald Eagle sighting. None of those were in my training plan.

wildchild

Carolyn

BTY -  67.4 is NOT a prime number -- 67 is.   If you want a prime number award you should do the rounding yourself and post 67 miles - I don't round what people post!   For example, this is what Erika posted in the July thread:

223.3 for me, and since we can round down and drop that .3, that's probably the first prime number month for me that I've noticed. Thanks for posting the chart. It helps focus on this silly goal. 

Yeah, so maybe it's a silly goal, but who doesn't like getting an award?  And I think prime numbers are cool.

I ran 263 miles in August, a prime, and my highest monthly mileage so far!  No races, just lots of mountain miles.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I am just amazed at all the people running over 200 miles per month.  I wish I was at that level.

73 this month, a prime.  I sure would like to get back over 100, but poor time management and some lingering knee issues prevented that.  Knee has felt good the past two weeks, so I will try to run more and see what happens.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."