Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 2.4.14 (Read 39 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

That dog can type and post pictures better than a lot us people so I don't have a problem with that.

AD - love the pictures!  They make me kind of cold, though.

Tselbs - hip surgery and home the same day - very nice!

OrangeMat - Hiya!  Sorry you won't be able to make it to AOG - sounds like quite a meet up going on there.  Hope your life stuff is not terrible.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks Holly... life is good, just kinda tired with running and traveling...

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Umm....Dave...you're talking to a dog.

As long as the dog doesn't talk back, it's all good.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

...Hiya OM////////

............tselbs, let me know how your son does, I may be in for a hip replacement myself.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

NHLA

10 miles 1 hr 20 min ran to the bank then around the lake and back.

wildchild

Carolyn

OM, sorry  you won't be coming to the Avenue this year - we'll miss  you!  Hope everything's okay.

Dave, glad you had a good vacation and visit with Annabelle!

Tet - I love the two million inch run! 

Sorry to hear about the ice storms some of you are getting.  We've been getting a lot of snow this week, but it's all powder here.  (Which is because it's freaking COLD!)  It's about 5° and snowing here today, and I took the dogs for a 5 mile run.  I dressed right, so it was actually kinda nice out there!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

OM, I am sorry you won't be going!  I was looking forward to meeting you.

Windy and cold (32F).

I ordered a decaf Americano this morning, and before I even finished it, I was SURE it was not decaf!!!  I was buzzing the rest of the day.  Came home and had a really sproinky run with Remi, 4.2 miles (I wonder if the caffeine was a factor).  Or maybe this is just consistent with the rule that a sproinky run always follows a really bad run (which I had 2 days ago).

It is going down to -10C (13F) overnight tomorrow night.  Which is kind of cold for around here.  But I like the sunshine that comes with that.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

It is going down to -10C (13F) overnight tomorrow night.  Which is kind of cold for around here.  But I like the sunshine that comes with that.

It is going to be -20 in Omak tomorrow! and yes! I am looking forward to the sunshine that comes with it.

OrangeMat, I am so sorry to see you will not be at the Ave of the Giants! Darn it, I was so looking forward to meeting you!

A very successful, but busy day today, followed by a planning meeting of our upcoming Hearts for Hope Mediterranean Banquet which I am organizing as a fundraiser to cancer victim Bobby (who btw, just started another drastic cancer treatment today. Please keep him in your prayers). My already full schedule  will be absorbed by the details of cooking an 8 course Mediterranean meal for 130 people....so my presence here will be limited until I am on the other side of this event, which is on Feb. 14th.

Of course, I daily give thanks for Jay who gives us a great summary of the day before on his daily posting! Thanks Jay Please know that your efforts mean so much to us.

Ok, my running....

That sun today was so deceiving!!! It was 24F at 4pm, but with a windshield factor of 11, a perfect day for a treadmill play: 8 miles total with each mile getting faster by one minute until I got to my 5k pace; then each mile being slower by 1 minute until I got to my easy pace. That was actually a very fun run on the TM.

With the drastic cold temp coming our way until next week I see a lot of TM miles in my destiny. It is a good thing that I decided that this will be my cut back week, just don't tell my coach 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

My already full schedule  will be absorbed by the details of cooking an 8 course Mediterranean meal for 130 people.

You are amazing!  I hope you share the details of what you serve afterward.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."