Masters Running

May day! May day! Friday, May1 runs and pleasantries (Read 474 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Awww Eugene....they say you never forget your first... Smile
    His name was Eugene?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Mary - What a sweet baby. Looks like he's giving you the Dead about the cereal, though. Wink Question - they're momma doesn't nurse them?
      Yes, she still nurses them, this is just the first phase of weening them and getting them used to lapping up food.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild

Carolyn

I ran 2 miles and took two walk breaks to rest my comprosmised vestibular system.
        I had to look up "vestibular" and here's what it means: " –adjective: of, pertaining to, or resembling a vestibule." Big grin Sorry, Enke, couldn't resist. Hope your vestibule feels better soon! (OK, the second meaning is "relating to the sense of equilibrium" but I still think it's funny!)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

it is funny! whew. crazy day at work. Sue... I won't hope for layoffs for you (just what you need. more stress Roll eyes ) but am glad we'll have more projects. Smile Mary, awwwwww! I sent this one to my daughter. & then read Tall's comment about his girls... oops. I think he's right. Aaamos, how was your massage?! I had those for a while... he told me he knew he had the right spot when I would finally shut up. Tongue Holly, you're funny. "Next week is my return to serious marathon training - yay! (I miss it already) Can't wait to to get to the track." Last night realizing that I start next week I was instantly in a great mood. Happy all over. Twocat... thanks. I'm glad too. There are still some after effects but I think they're manageable. it is such a relief. Other than getting lost and having your food stolen, how are things with you? I didn't run again today, to let all my parts return to their (still not perfect) pre-tuesday state. 30 min. on the elliptical, 20 min. on the bike, & lower body weight machines.
          xor

His name was Eugene?
            My middle name is Eugene. But it wasn't me. Oh well. (ok, technically, it is Eugenio, and double technically, Eugenio the VIII. freakin family names...) Bobo Eugenio Ocho ran 11 easy miles this morning. Supposed to do 4.5 more this afternoon. Maybe. I also need to mow. nyuk nyuk nyuk,

Eugenio, I love it! The massage was not quite so painful today, so I am thinking this is good. She agrees, finding things "much looser." Yes, I would like peeksures of the "pick-up in Eugene" and I think you should just cancel that meeting, Econo. Love the car pranks! Happy weekends, ev'ryone! grins, A
              Masters 2000 miles

Renee the dog

1.90 miles of bliss. .3 miles of agony. Free ride home on the Tram Car on the boardwalk. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eREJ0RqC2ZA ) Back of heel rubbed raw. I'm moving up my two weeks off of running to start right now. Black eye

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Beautiful weather, sunny and warm and a very suffered run this morning. My running friend is in full training mode so her average pace is getting faster and faster and her endurance improving by the day......I thought we where going for 11 miles ....they turned into almost 15.....we started out too fast for me so the last 5 miles were ..hell.....Good news , nothing hurts, and I'm still hopeful I'll see some kind of benefit from this ...eventually...!! Long day at work, and even longer tomorrow! Good runs to all, Francesca
                    Mmmm! Peanut butter filled pretzel bites and a nice cold chardonnay. Do I know how to live it up, or what! Yes {{{Nono1}}} Doggone it!

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

You go fatozzig! I have some Merlot going right now and I am trying mightily not to swipe some of my kiddo's Bugles as a chaser! Late afternoon run for me so I could run with Iron J. She is a fifth grade teacher, so it had to be when school was dismissed. We covered 14 miles at 8:37 pace in the sometimes rainy, sometimes sunny, and sort of humid late afternoon haze. Good run and we chattered and chattered. Two of the Js and I got into the NYC half-marathon on 8/16 (registration opened today and it took many "refresh" hits to complete the form on-line). I think we are all more excited about the girls weekend than the actual race. I have run it twice before and it's great fun. One of the Js is originally from Long Island, so we'll crash there and share expenses. Anyway...good runs and laughs and new friendships and more here today. Happy weekend
                        8.25 very slow miles @ 9:40 pace. I have not run that slow in awhile and it did not seem I was going that slow but thats what the watch read. I just kinda wandered around tonight so I am not positive since it was not on one of my usual routes. Leg is still bothering me but not bad enough to stop me from running I guess. Great runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

It has been a great few days in Eugene. Tomorrow, alas, is the last. Econo was a very gracious host, and kind enough to both show me around and select a very good place for dinner. As to talking a lot I will happily challenge her to a contest as to who can recount to the forum the greatest number of details about the other's life! Wink I think women are just surprised when guys have more than one syllable vocabularies. Big grin Dinner was great. I had tried to get Econo to take more of the clams than she did, but she err did not take the bait so to speak. (Does that seem odd as an expression when applied to clams or is it just me? [editor Just you. [Twocat grumble, grumble, while slinking away.] ) As to losing weight . . . she might have mentioned that yes I can drop a few pounds when I am running regularly whenever I need to. But there is the little fact that I have gained 6 of those nasty things since having been waylaid! I am on the "no food diet" but apparently not "no food" enough! Ugh! Something Econo is no doubt too modest to mention, is that she is apparently a very gifted linguist. This fall she heads off to China and, of all things, speaks the language! I just want to say that knowing how to speak Cantonese or Mandarin, if you did not grow up in China, is just amazing. Chinese is a tonal language which roughly means that if you are reading this, best of luck trying to learn it! I hope she enjoys her time out there. She is also apparently thinking of doing the Beijing Marathon in the fall. Personally, I am betting on her to break the Olympic record! Everybody remember to bug her to keep up her training in preparation. [editor: That last line was just thrown in because she said you talked a lot. Twocat: Dang straight! Oh, and did I mention that people should bug her to get her book going while she is in China as well? Big grin] Today, as Econo mentioned was my talk. Then dinner. It turns out every restaurant in Eugene is in sight of all others. The place we went to was just around the corner from where we went to dinner last night. Best of all, tonight's meal was on par with that of last night! Add in great local wines, and how people around here avoid weighing 300 pounds is beyond me. Tomorrow is a tour of the coast and then off to the King Estate Winery for dinner. All I can say is that I would be a happy wino out here! My only disappointment this trip is that I will miss Econo's pre-race soiree tomorrow night and the chance to run with her a bit on Sunday. I think the races this Sunday will be a blast and all will do great given what looks too be near perfect racing weather. Hopefully, I will be back some day to run here myself. I also hope to see Econo and many of our other RA masters in CT sometime for the races in my area! Good night all, and good runs to you tomorrow.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Oh I love King Estate Winery! Have fun, Twocat, and maybe we can both go back when we're able to run that marathon! Ok, I know there's a part of this crowd that comes back to read the late night posts. Warning... Proud soccer mom post follows... My boys just bust my buttons!! DS2 was called in to play on the varsity team tonight. Usually, that means coach wants to fill his bench if players are out, not necessarily going to play him. He did sit the whole first half. DS1 (17 yr old jr, has played soccer--rec, comp and high school--since he was 5) started and played the whole game. He even asked to sit out at one point and coach said he needed him to stay in. He played really well, saved a ton of shots but admits the first goal the other team made was his fault (oh well). At the half, coach puts in DS2 (My baby!! 14 yr old freshman, has played soccer, rec but mostly comp and ODP, since he was 4) in next to DS1, who moves to center. They proved unstoppable, as their team proceeded to score 5 goals and the other team was unable to get past the Van Flein offense (hee!). Everyone on the stands was commenting how those two players work so well together, and have similar playing style... One of DS2's friends yelled, "Hey, they're brothers, that's why!" I was just thrilled, and almost in tears. It's a stupid high school game on a brown grass field, thousands of miles from anywhere, and it was the most important thing in the world to me. They played a great second half, DS2 doing his typical yelling and barking from the defense (his former coach said that was center-D's role, and that's what he plays on his comp team). The goalie is his friend and goalie from his comp team, and there was no way he was letting a ball get to him. DS1 continued to block amazing shots from the offense and even shot one right up to the goal which a teammate bounced in for goal #4. We ended up winning, going from down 3-1 at the half to winning 6-3 at the end. What a game! I'll take a camera tomorrow.... Oh, I did the pool running thing at moderate effort for 45 minutes after dropping them off and before going back for their game.