Masters Running

Christmas 12/25 Runs and Festivities (Read 39 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Merry Christmas, friends!  Lots of good running and eating going on today!

After I put the turkey in the oven, I took my best fuzzy running buddies out for 5.5 miles, then dropped them off and did another lap around the neighborhood to make it 10.2 for the day.  Sunny and mid 20's, and I wore screw shoes on the hard packed snow.  Nice run.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Merry end of Christmas day to everyone left to drop in.  For not getting up terribly early, it feels awful late.

I went out for a run while waiting for DD to wake up.  She's still on LA time, so we didn't get started on stockings and presents until after 11.  Made 6.25 miles quicker than expected.  the first lake loop went in 8:50 pace, which is the first in a very long time.  Right around 17 with a 10-15 mph breeze, so I'm guessing that means single digit wind chill.  Nailed the clothing, though, so felt very comfortable.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Hi Brilliant! I hope you come back and become a regular poster!

I hope everyone had a great day with family and friends. We had a laid back day here with just the three of us. I got us a new printer that we haven't set up yet, but I'm looking forward to a better photo printer in the future! Ran 8.1 miles progressive pace style yesterday, and 5.2 easy today before making a big salad for dinner at my brothers' house. Dinner was awesome, as usual.

It was -38 this morning and didn't warm up much today. It was fun driving up to my brothers' house and watching the temperatures climb as we went up the hill. It was 20 degrees warmer there than in the valley. It's around -20 here tonight, and should warm up to above zero in town this weekend. Good thing, too. I'm tired of the treadmill and want to get outside!

Marathon Maniac #957

Nailed the clothing, though, so felt very comfortable.

That's the key, isn't it?

Brilliant - welcome!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."