Masters Running

Wednesday March 26 Runs (Read 634 times)

(((Vista))) just because. Smile Wonderful run into Discovery Park again today. Been there several times this last week and it's good to get back on that trail again more frequently. Clouds rolled in midway through but the winds hadn't yet picked up when I passed by the bluff alongside meadow. Just before the trail turns back into the woods there's one more excellent Sound/Mountain viewpoint. There, at the point, four bald eagles, floating in circular dance. I've often seen one pair there but never two. It seems its often just prior to a storm, maybe they sense it. I stood and watched them for several minutes. How they float higher and higher without moving a feather is amazingly beautiful. Another runner soon joined me. Sure enough, before I finished the run the rain began. Snow falling on the drive home.
    evanflein

Did I say it was 60° out yet? I got to run in shorts today - top and bottom! I have not had that pleasure since last fall! You know I should mention it was 60° out you know! Big grin Total today 14.39 miles in 60° weather! Smile Smile Smile
      ok, 2Kat... I used to like you. Fuggetaboutit... Hmph. Angry My run tonight just couldn't find the warm stuff. Temp was 22F, cool but not too bad, but that damn wind wouldn't leave me alone! Felt it a little bit coming down the hill to the main road, and thought, ok at least it'll be a cross wind on the way up the big hill. No... it felt like a headwind (and strong) up that steep hill... so ok, maybe a respite when I top the hill and turn west... ha! there it was again! ok... two miles of rolling hills and the turn around. Ah, tail wind! love it... get a half mile up to the open field for the Dog Mushers' field and wham, there's that wind in my face... WTF? I've turned around heading back the way I came, and there it was again! I just can't get away from it. At least it wasn't as cold as usual, but I did have my headband on tonight to prevent earaches... Good run though. Rolling hills, a couple steep, a couple just damn long. 8:23 avg pace. This feels so easy, like I'm not pushing it at all. On the parts I push for some striders, the Garmin says 7:25 to 7:45... I never know how accurate it is, and tonight it seemed to start out with "long" miles but at the end was right on spot. I don't know what to think. Will be very interested to see how Boston goes... I'm the slowest one from my town going... There are two guys running corral 1... at least one in corral 2 and the others all close behind... then there I am in corral 19... I love this town. Small, rural, but full of talent. And then there's lil' ol' me.