Masters Running

My Boston Marathon Memories (Read 367 times)

That finish line really seems like it is a mirage, almost, doesn't it? Glad you enjoyed staying in Brookline and got around Boston so well. Most Cool that Bob helped you along, too. Congrats! It's all about finishing, after all, and you did it! .....there's plenty of time to BQ for 09. See you then, I hope! grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
    nowor

Thank you for running Boston and this wonderful RR. Like Henry and Marj I live near the course and feel so privileged to clap and cheer every year. Your spirit and effort typify why I'm in awe of those mid pack and back. Please come back!

Marathon Maniac #957

While it wasn’t my best running day, I’ve truly enjoyed the experience and captured enough memories to last a lifetime. PJ
        This says it all, PJ, and you captured my feeling about the race as well. It was a pleasure to meet you, if only for a moment. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

PJ, in spite of some struggles, you toughed it out and ran a good race. It's obvious that you thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It's also neat you met btb and Holly on the course. Congratulations. TomS

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Great race and report PJ! I agree it was warm out there and that course does a number on ya. But you stuck it out just great and finished the Boston Marathon! Now THAT's a big deal! Congratulations. Now bask in the realization that you did it! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

King of PhotoShop

You're a heck of a runner, who maybe didn't have his best running day, but this was more than offset by the enjoyment you clearly derived from the Boston experience. Thanks for sharing it with us and good luck to you in next year's race. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

don't mind me, I'm having technical difficulties.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Congrats PJ! I can completely identify how overwhelming the race can be the first time. The crowds and volunteers are incredible. Thanks for posting a nice report, even if it didn't go as expected. :-P
                  -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                  also on Twitter
                    You really hung in there...no doubt the crowds helped pull you through as they did for me.. Wasn't the heat something?..I am not sure what the finish time temp was, but it certainly was not the 53 degrees that was predicted. Get some rest and stat training again so I can see you next year. Congrats on running the 2008 Boston Marathon...
                    btb1490

I was worried after running with you, that you would leave Boston with a sour taste in your mouth due to your struggles out on the course, but after reading your report, I see my worries were unfounded! I'm glad you got to see that Boston is more than just the time on the watch that it takes you to get from the starting line to the finishing line. It was really a pleasure to meet you Pat, you are a great guy. Let's do it again sometime. Rest up!
                      dg.

PJ, thank you so much for your report! I'm so glad you drew the best from your Boston experience. Also that you were okay after such an effort, being so dehydrated! This was incredibly motivating to me. Thanks again. And congratulations!!!
                          PJH this is an excellent RR. You went through alot and even though you didn't finish in the time you wanted, you still experienced the entire Boston Marathon and met some awesome people. I'm glad the medics put you right quickly (how scary to have to get an IV!). Hope you are feeling better now.
                            PJH Great report and great race...and your right the Boston course is like no other for the people and it's challenge. Take some rest and you know you will be back to the marathon..once it sinks in it's so hard to not want to run another, it's addictive. I know, I have been saying Ottawa this month willl be my last but I doubt it. Maybe it will be my last one that I race...but I doubt it... It's not the marathon we challenge when we run a marathon but ourselves...it's what we discover about ourselves that make us want to run it again. Rest up Tall

Recent Best times: None recently