Masters Running

Tuesday August 5 Master Runs (Read 484 times)

TammyinGP

Seattle Rock & Roll Marathon???? yikes!!! Cool

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Janet--I have Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7's at the moment (I started with 6's) I thought that the current model of the GTS was now at 8, but I'm not sure if there are more adrenalines than the GTS. (I'm being too lazy to check the Brooks site Wink ) they just appear to bring out a "new and improved" version each year and up the number. I stocked up on the 7's when they went on clearance, so I'm set for a while, but then I'll have the shock of having to pay full price for whatever is current.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Kevin, that's what I did (and am still doing) with the Asics Nimbus 9's... I don't like the "new & improved" 10's, so buy my goofy size in the 9's when I find them. Last ones I found were $74 so about $50 off. I have one pair in a box still...
          Take care " nonoruns " things will hopefully get better. 1 walk/run then 2 mile run. Legs starting to revive themselves.
            I'm in too, talk about peer pressure!! SEATTLE ROCK N' ROLL HALF MARATHON. There is no way I'm doing a full in June....could be hot. Only 40 bucks, thanks for the info Tet!! Edited to add: Franc - yes the Covey run. I'm thinking the 10K. Sure I'd love a pacer!!! I'm going to do day of race registration on this one though, as I am not 100% sure yet.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

munchkn883

Finally got a walk in. 5 miles at the mall. I can't believe I've become a "mall walker"....but this heat is awful and I just can't walk outside.
              lamerunner

CNY, that is one heck of a workout.... I think one of the teams doing well in the Little Legaue playoffs is Manchester North, where I live. The series has gotten a lot of local press. My son played this Spring but just instructional still. He is a decent player but better at soccer,sking and karate. I ran 8 this morning at a fairly brisk pace. Car repairs etc this evening.
                Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Sounds great Enke! I'll be around in any case on the 16th, and my work place is 100yards from the Start/Finish line!!! Francesca
                    4 easy miles in HH conditions. legs a little tired from the weekend and the air was heavy and breathing was hard. A little rain in the mix did have a cooling effect. My heal is feeling a little better though so that's a plus. Roch, Glad to hear you are able to run again ! Maybe you can do the Brooksie way after all. It is in your backyard isn't it? I have always wanted to make it to one of the big boomer meetings. I will try and make it to wherever is decided by the masses. Lets just try and make sure Ribs will be fit enough to participate in the pre and post party at the least and possibly the run its self. {{{{{Ribs,}}}}} {{{{{{Saint}}}}}} good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

...dg//.......seems like every Other Frog is named Tommy.......... ......................now, Boudica, THERE'S a name..... .......er..... .........30min eeeeasy run..........not a frog in sight.... ..................good running guys......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dg.

...dg//.......seems like every Other Frog is named Tommy.......... ......................now, Boudica, THERE'S a name..... .......er..... .........30min eeeeasy run..........not a frog in sight.... ..................good running guys......
                        tw, that's true..... but i really considered Boudica. ... wasn't quite sure how'd you feel about that. btw we are still waiting for pictures of the little princess.
                        TheSaint

Wow, Roch has got some connections! Looks like he will be coming home tomorrow. He got moved out of ICU today. I'm hoping to be out of there by noon tomorrow. I took him dinner tonight, he's had enough hospital food. Now he'll have to deal with my cooking (if you can call it that). I figure if anything gets him back on track it's having to eat my cooking. I say he'll be back in the kitchen within the week. Even I get sick of my own cooking within a week.
                          Mariposai

The Saint....I sooooooooo admire you and love you!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the great news. Roach got connections?????what kind?????????

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard