Masters Running

Weekly Weigh-In Ending 10/12/2014 (Read 17 times)

BlazinCajun

This is the place to commit to and encourage others in support of their weigh loss/gain goals. We all are going through fitness of various cycles which are directly related to phase of training, life's commitments, injury, and just starting the running thing. All are welcome to sign up for this ongoing thread. Just state your weight goal and once a week status. Some folks are already where they want to be and are just trying to maintain. Try to  be consistent when you conduct your weekly weigh-in. Any day of the week is fine - some folks use a particular scale.

Remember to list your weekly loss/gain and calculate your Total over/under towards Goal Weight Loss

Good luck with your weekly goals. Andrew

Last Week: Weekly Weigh-In 10/5/2014 - Some missing - Just check in when your able

Name

Goal Weight lbs. (date)  

Weekly loss/gain 

Total

over/under 

Awards/Demerits

BlazinCajun -8.5 (08/17)  -1.5 -5.5 Still cruising
    BTY -8.2 (08/17)  -1.0  0.0

Back to even

C-R -6.0 (08/24) +1.0 +1.0 More oscillations 
    dg. -7.0 (08/24 -2.6 -2.6 You are good
    fatozzig  0.0 (08/17) -1.0  0.0 In the zone
    Holly S. -5.0 (08/17)  +1.5  0.0 50k recovery effects
    Ileneforward -7.0 (08/17)  0.0 -0.5 Holding steady
    Jlynne -5.0 (09/14)  ?  -4.0 Missing in action - recovering
    Jo_ -10 (9/28)  ?  0.0 New kid on the block 
    KellyDodge -14 (08/17)  Pass -1.0 Free Pass - out of town
    StarRuns -14 (09/21) +3.0 +3.0 Reboot - here we go

Tip of the Week - Good article below on Metabolic Efficiency Training - Thanks Leslie

Re the post workout snack - Lots of good information re becoming a "better butter burner" if you look at articles on Metabolic Efficiency Training (Sunny Blende ).  She also has been on a couple of podcasts and has provided really good info.

Andrew
    ------------------
    God, my Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
    and enables me to go upon the heights.
    Hb 3:19

C-R

renewed focus

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Looks like you were right about the water weight.  I am down 2 lbs this week, which puts me down 2 lbs total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Up 1 pound this week for a net of +1 pound.

Sorry I'm late this week. Holding at -4 pounds.

BlazinCajun

Up +1 pound this week; total over/under -4.5 pounds.

Even though I'm up +1 pound this week I feel more lean than last week. Started a push up challenge for the month of October with my daughters. Youngest daughter (ex gymnast) does the military style with clapping between. I'm just glad I can maintain correct form. I am going to blame the extra pound on new push up muscle

Andrew
              ------------------
              God, my Lord, is my strength;
              he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
              and enables me to go upon the heights.
              Hb 3:19

Up 3.5 lbs from last week and .5 over my target weight.

Once my race is over this weekend, back to the MET way of eating.  I feel much better . . . . and weigh less . . . when I go that route.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

Down 1 pound.....not bad for taper week! 

Runners run

dg.

I had one of those weeks, & did Not want to get on the scale this morning.    I put it off for a while.     Considered 'forgetting' this week .    Anyway I decided that I was a grown up & got on, & was  -.4.   :  ).    Which isn't much but I'd expected an entirely different result!    So yay.

total under is -3.

Jeanne....  I'm sorry I'm always behind on things... are you ok now???      &... I started to respond but didn't finish, sorry, but I was totally blown away by your Tough Mudder report!!!!   omg.

Just a dude.

Last weekend away killed me. I've fixed some of the damage, but I am still 16 above goal. So that puts me +2 for the last two weeks I guess...

Maybe it's like a spring? I backed up, and now I can launch my weight loss to even lower lows?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I was out of town for another Sunday morning weigh-in but am happy that I am down 2 from last week (as of Wednesday, that is).  One success this week was eating out on Tuesday ( dinner and a musical), then weighing exactly the same the next morning. I hope I kept it off over the weekend but I did have a little bit of ice cream. Tomorrow is another week.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich