Masters Running

Mon 2/02 Runs and 1 Month Closer To Spring (Read 598 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Also, what kind of cable do you need to hook your PC to your TV? I have been meaning to do that so that I can watch episodes that I missed and did not record either.
    Twocat, you will have to understand that my Web TV is totally different than a regular / normal computer like you and others use. I have a remote keyboard - Web TV box that runs through my VCR, then to my TV....and my Son had to do this for me because I didn't have a clue. Glad I could help Roll eyes TimBo GGTK

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Afternoon, all! Tim - congrats on the new TV and the return to running! I'm gonna grab my shotgun and pay that big fat rodent, Phil, a visit. I don't think I can do 6 more weeks of this mess. When I was growing up, my Mom used to sit on our back porch and nail the groundhogs with a .22 when they dared show themselves in her precious garden. She was a crack shot. I spent a restful weekend - no running at all. I did my "long" run on Friday so I didn't have to fight DH for it on Sunday morning. 6 very slow miles on the treadmill this morning. It's getting easier, thank goodness. We're due for another snowstorm tomorrow, but 40+ degree weather is predicted by the end of the week - yeah!! DH opted to forego scraping the driveway after the last snowfall, and we now have 750 feet of ice rink in lieu of driveway. I'm hoping we don't get the predicted snow and it warms up so we can get enough melting to get in and out without white knuckles. The driveway slopes away from the house, and we've come very close to sliding into the detached garage these past few mornings. I'm envious of all of you running outside in above freezing temps!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

munchkn883

Quick 3.5 mile walk.
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm on new medication (Cymbalta) for headaches, and it's making me feel kind of icky. I didn't feel like running, but I walked 3 miles on the Y track. Has anyone else taken this drug?

"older but not dead yet"

A very tired 6.2 miles. Either it's because I'm old, fat or out of shape? Who knows - maybe all three? Alex
            Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.
              4 recovery miles today and some core work and stretching after. Finally made up my mind for my racing schedule and am tweeking my training schedule for this year. Big grin At least up through August. I am going to try and start posting more often as it helps keep me honest and motivated. You people helped me achieve a big year last year and I am counting on you yet again. I know I don't run as far or fast as most of you here but thanks for all your help. Tim, Sounds like you are getting ready to get back in the game . Coming back from injury sucks believe me I know. The good thing is you will be a better and wiser runner now. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Ran 3.0, walked 1.0 and managed to get it all in before dark! Still winter, but noticing the lengthening daylight a little more lately. Felt strong enough for another mile, even after doing my fastest 5 ever yesterday, but was askeert of black ice. Going to try the "Yoga for Surfers" DVD I got at the library later. If it works, maybe I'll actually be able to stand on a surfboard for more than a nano-second this summer! Big grin Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

The good thing is you will be a better and wiser runner now.
                  Better I'm sure....but the wise part is what I will take from my ordeal the most....injuries do indeed suck, but what we learn from them helps us all to know when we need to stop, or take it easy. Thanks, TimBo GGTK

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

hey TBoMeister . . . what GGTK? I've been trying to figure it out . . . .

Tammy

6 easy enjoyable miles after school. Trying to get everything in balance is going to be tough, but trying to stick to a tight schedule.

Marathon Maniac #3309

hey TBoMeister . . . what GGTK? I've been trying to figure it out . . . .
                        Stoopid me at home, keep hitting the quote button, instead of the modify button...stoopid me, lol. Like I said before, Web Tv is really different... GGTK - Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tampster, if ya really luv me....you would try harder. But it simply means...oops, phone call. Seriously, call 1-317-286-GGTK and you will find out, K... if's it's busy, it's for a darn good reason...keep trying. TimBo GGTK

Just an ez 30 minutes today all at 8 minute miles as I was told to go easy after yesterday's longer run. Heart rate was between 118 and 135. I have a new coach who is very specific around pace and is into HRM. I think this is a good approach for me on top of other things I have learned. Time will tell. Best Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Mariposai

Hey, so great to see TALL here.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

After a 1 hour early walk with the neighbor's dog (neighbor broke her foot) and our dog, I took the pooch out for a 1 hour run. She likes to use her sniff and sound senses to inspect gopher mounds along various paths and trails, along with always being on the lookout for squirrels or squirrel habitat. So today, GROUNDHOG DAY, she was looking at a fresh gopher hole next to a big mound of new dirt when the gopher appeared and got his nose right up to ground level. The gopher retreated into the hole, but my guess is that he would've seen his shadow if he had actually come out. Ok, not a groundhog, but about the closest thing to it in our suburban parks... hmmm... does this mean we're in for a longer winter?