Masters Running

RR -- Boston or losing to Mr. Yellowband... (Read 496 times)

Oh dear...I am laughing now Eliz4015, sorry hermosaboy! Parrotheads forever! .....I'll be sure to whisper that 2:3x from now on too.... Tongue

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Hermosa... that was really a fast and gutsy race. Mr Yellow Band was shooting for 2:40 so he missed his too. But you were both really flying! It was great you could run with Brian. Congratulations on the 1st MNAG! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

SteveP

Rob, You're a very hardcore runner and your RRs are great.

SteveP

hermosa, to have back cramps and still finish under 3 hours at Boston is amazing. Congrats to you and Brian for toughing it out and running a great race. TomS

#artbydmcbride

Great job hermosaboy! I admire your ability to go so focused and preserve such fantastic teamwork at the same time. You are awesome! Smile

Runners run

Rob, Great race and time with the problems you faced. You are one fast guy and your marathon times will keep dropping if you keep this up. I liked your report and your description of the appraoches and you and your buddy took, helps to prepare me for my next one. Congratulations Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Great reading a report from somebody at the very front of the pack! My dream run is, alas, your not a PR run! Reading your report was so much fun because it let me see what it was like for people to deal with LA and his entourage. Next time you are head to head hopefully you will pass and stay ahead of him! BTW, I hear you about too much walking the day prior to a race! Been there, never going back. Wink For cramp prevention you might try Enlyten strips. I used to cramp up in long runs and since using them at least that problem has been solved. With a little practice they are easy to use. I know I sound like an ad for them, but I actually own zero stock in the firm.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

btb1490

Quite the impressive time, Mr. Speedyboy! It's scary to think what you could've done if you were feeling good! Thanks for the great report!
                    "Mr. Yellowband", heh heh. I guess it's a good thing that ER isn't around to see this. 2:55 -- I'm in awe. Well done, even if you didn't beat the biker guy.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Great race...I'm in awe of your speed!
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        Wow! What an amazing finish time considering you had leg cramps. You'll spank that yellowband dude next time Tongue Congratulations to you and Brian on an excellent race.

The Jogger

Well Done Rob and Brian, even with the stitch and cramps you still both got fantastic times...... Roy