Masters Running

Woo Hoo! It's the Boston Marathon Thread! (Read 58 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Wow, that was a fun read! Congrats to everyone who ran yesterday, and so happy I finally got to meet a bunch of RA folks at Robin's brunch on Sunday. Who would've thought I had to BQ in order to attend the ParTAY!!

To answer Tet's question, this was indeed my first Boston, and 10th marathon overall. I'm thrilled to say I'll be back to run Boston again next year though. It was a very tough day. I do have a race report I'd love to share here, should I start a different thread? I forget the protocol, it's been such a long time....

🤓

evanflein

OM, we'd love to hear about your first Boston and it absolutely needs it's own thread! Congrats!

Thanks for all the support and following the fun!

Tet, this was my 12th time running Boston and my 59th marathon. Not a great run for me, but I had fun and emerged uninjured and ready for the next- always good. I saw Amy during the race and had a blast seeing stumpy, deez, coastwalker, marj, henry, OM, profromdover, rtravers, wannaberunner, and more on the day before at LIR.

Onward to the Mt. Washington race for me and then the Scottish 1/2 marathon in September and the Portland Marathon in October.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

CNY you sound like a local chamber of commerce or beloved politician (if there is such a thing anymore but I used to know a lot to admire in those days), getting to see everyone in a way as if we were all there for all the excitement, plus everyone’s satisfaction of their runs no matter how it turned out in the so-called “official” results. We know what really matters.

ps - I’m so jealous of Mt. Washington.
          Have fun.
          Huh, do we get to meet you in October at Portland?
          Can you talk your ultra-friends to stop by too?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Thanks Tet!  And yes, I hope to see all the RAers at the Portland Marathon. PSU is a client and two of my best friends (married to each other) from elementary school live and work in Portland (for 20 years now). so it will be a reunion on lots of levels!

There are 17 of us from my team running Mt. Washington. I'll be the newbie there ad look forward to a new adventure. I doubt my ultra buddies will be with me at Portland though. The Rusieckis both won Bull Run Run the weekend before Boston and now they are training for UTMB (Alps) and also Western States. Amy is the RD for VT 100 too, so they are pretty busy.

Marathon Maniac #957

Who would've thought I had to BQ in order to attend the ParTAY!!

🤓

I'm pretty sure you are still welcome at the party even if you are not running Boston...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."