Masters Running

Tracking Food Nutrition Numbers (Read 242 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm the worst at mindless nibbling, especially as I run more miles and am hungrier, so I thought I'd try keeping track of my intake for a few days to see my nutrition/carb/calorie numbers. I tried Fitday.com, but I found it tedious. DG has turned me on to another site that does a much better job in my opinion, is incredibly user-friendly, and has a wonderfully clean interface: www.sparkpeople.com I had not even heard of this site before, but if you have any interest in tracking your dietary numbers for informational purposes, this is a great site to check out. (no this is not an advertisement, but when I find something I like, I tend to spout off about it...)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Head Procrastinator

I like Sparkpeople better then Fitday too. OneHUGH reason is you can use other people's entered custom foods.
      ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
      SteveP

If you were a guy, I could say "Dude, that's sweet". You're not, so I'll just say it's sweet. Thanks.

SteveP

PJH

Holly - as you know, my training's been off for a while. I won't be able to make up the miles, but I can always lose 5 lbs by April 21St which will help me go faster and longer. This site may be just what I need! PJ
          SteveP

As food may be one of my vices, this site is looking real kewl.

SteveP

dg.

I heard about this from HallyBarb, back in the days of our Getting Healthy thread. I wonder how Lynn is? Barb, I can't find how to add other nutritients to be tracked (in the report), although I did it once. do you know? one thing that I've found useful... if you want to analyze a recipe & add it you use the food grouping tool. which is ok, but then when you add it to your daily intake, it lists each individual ingredient. if you want to change the amount or remove it, you have to do it item by item. so I've been taking the data from the food group results, & using it to add a new food, then you can enter it as a clump.

Marathon Maniac #957

DG - the pumpkin bar enigma?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

DG - the pumpkin bar enigma?
                  yup. that & the dreaded veggie split pea soup. Shocked Big grin

Marathon Maniac #957

DG – on your Nutrition page, beside the big NUTRITION, there’s a tab that says, “Change Your Nutrition Goals.” Click on that and there’s a tab that says, “Add Another Nutrient To Track.” I added calcium, fiber, and iron, like you suggested. I take supplements, but I’m interested to see how my normal daily intake supplies those nutrients.

dg.

thanks!