Masters Running

Carefree Friday 2/1/13 (Read 42 times)

Teen boys sometimes live in a different reality.

"Sometimes"?

6.1 miles this morning in beautiful running weather.  Since I got sick and haven't run much, and because it was so nice out, I decided to push the pace today.  So 3.3 miles in the middle at Tempo pace.  Or at least what Tempo feels like - the pace was way slow.  Barely snuck under 8 m/m pace for one of those miles.  But it's a start.  Much work needs to be done.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Finally got out and did my long run late this morning. 15.13 miles, 9:41 avg pace with very consistent splits, and I could've gone on forever. This slower running thing really is a good thing. Wink

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks for trying tammy.

I think most of the images I have nowadays with the goddesses are dreams anyway.

However, I'm still proud of myself for resisting the temptation to join francecsa in her 200 mile three-day, race in May.  I only signed up for the 150 mile option.  YIKES!!!!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

arf

MM #405

10 miles on a packed snow covered country road ......was very beautiful.

Tet - I'm worried I won't have enough miles in the bank to run a 100 K in Oct. and you just jump right into a 150 miler !  You inspire me!

Holly - my son was exactly like that!  How old are your kids now?

Maine -I'm sorry to hear of your loss...my Grandma lived to 99 and was also smart as a whip right til the end

Roch - Thanks for the invite on Sunday...I'll do just about anything for a bagel! ....sorry about your friend,   (I don't wear Yaks)

{{{ Tomwhites sore back }}}

OM - Nice 15 miler!  slow and steady rocks!   You should run Ultras!!!

arf

Mariposai

I only signed up for the 150 mile option.  YIKES!!!!

and I was contemplating to sign up for a 50 miler in the simmer and worried not having enough miles....

wow!!! dear taper boy you are daring!!!!

keep having fun in life!!!

What a day! This afternoon was rather stressful, but funny. I ended the day with a twocat inspired 3 miles. I will let him explain.

Day two of this new crud...the one that comes with fever, coughing, headaches...etc.

Man, I have been back to this country for three weeks and I have been sick  all,  but 3 days since my return...

maybe I don't belong in this country....

..I should go back home Smile

Arf, your snow packed country road run sounds so alluring.

OrangeMat, way to go with that awesome 15 miler!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Nothing wrong with Nancy's picture-posting... Beautiful! Sorry you've been sick so much, I'd blame the stress of travel rather than being back in the U.S.   Smile

I remember my Dad getting on me for not wearing a hat or boots to school (are you kidding? Go to school with hat hair??) but I steadfastly refused.

hi Arf!

Well, it was a busy day to finish a busy busy week, and I wanted to run 3-5 miles tonight but it was almost 7 by the time we got home and I was tired and hungry so bagged the run. Getting to be a bad habit, but I just didn't want to deal with it. But tomorrow is Saturday and the temps should be good for an outdoor run or two, so Yay for that!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet - You inspire me!

That’s not quite the response I expected <<<(crazy/nuts)>>> but then I didn’t expect the original ultragoddess whose 100K RR in 2007 incited me, with encouragement from mariposai at the boomer reunion Bellingham Bay Marathon that year, to run my first 100K on the spur-of-the-moment too later in the week.
                posie - get well. Me too but it's probably better to get sick in the winter and not during the running seasons. As for me, after getting the flu shot in November, it knocked me out for a week in December and I’m finally getting over another bout in January.  Gotta be careful as 15 of the 17 flu deaths this year are in my AG.

ps - my RA formatting has become really messed up and difficult/frustrating to navigate too.

7/12/2012 at 2:57 AMby SteveP

January Masters Miles

wildchild

2/2/2013 at 3:47 AMby coastwalker

Running Saved My Life

TomD

2/1/2013 at 11:52 PMby Coastal

Carefree Friday 2/1/13

Holly S.

2/1/2013 at 9:00 PMby Mariposai

Office Chili contest, help!!!

Mariposai

2/1/2013 at 8:56 PMby Mariposai

FEBRUARY Plank Challenge, Spidey style (2/1 - 2/7)

OrangeMat

2/1/2013 at 8:54 PMby arf

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Finally got out and did my long run late this morning. 15.13 miles, 9:41 avg pace with very consistent splits, and I could've gone on forever. This slower running thing really is a good thing. Wink

Your slow and steady is my GA....Smile  Nice run!

{{{Mariposai}}}  {{{TomeWhite's back}}}

Arf - my DS just turned 16 a couple days ago and DD is 10.

Erika - in that we have similarly mentally-exhausting jobs, I don't know how you have energy to run after work EVER.  I get home from work just feeling like doing NOTHING....even planks are hard to talk myself into in the evening....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

ps - my RA formatting has become really messed up and difficult/frustrating to navigate too.

7/12/2012 at 2:57 AMby SteveP

January Masters Miles

wildchild

2/2/2013 at 3:47 AMby coastwalker

Running Saved My Life

TomD

2/1/2013 at 11:52 PMby Coastal

Carefree Friday 2/1/13

Holly S.

2/1/2013 at 9:00 PMby Mariposai

Office Chili contest, help!!!

Mariposai

2/1/2013 at 8:56 PMby Mariposai

FEBRUARY Plank Challenge, Spidey style (2/1 - 2/7)

OrangeMat

2/1/2013 at 8:54 PMby arf

Tet--if you're using IE, there's a little sympbol in the address box that looks like a split page.  try clicking on that and see what happens.  it made my forum index page look normal again.  i don't know if something got changed there, but that same action didn't change anything on any of the thread pages I tried it on.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.