Masters Running

Weds 2/25 Masters Daily (Read 514 times)

xor

I'm giving up collecting lint for lent. As for being in a funk, Prince's version of the Batman song taught us to get the funk out, Batman. Anyway. I ran today for the first time in 5 days. I hate being sick. The 6.2 miler was good, but I wanted to do another one this afternoon and it just started raining hard. Cold, hard rain. With a stiff breeze. That's hot chocolate or coffee weather, not "go run again" weather.

Marathon Maniac #957

Control + F5 isn't working for me. I'm reloading but the blue is always there...coming back to haunt me every time...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLlQpc8D2Kc Big grin going to the gym after work. Run the 'mill and dance the elliptical.

Tammy

Holly----it wasn't working for me either and then I just hit "refresh" to refresh my browser and it worked. Try that. Karin
          evanflein

That's what I did and it worked, but will be interesting to see what my mac thinks of this site. (it's at home)

Renee the dog

Nono - Thanks to you, I am now having to clean spewed coffee off my screen.
              I'm so sorry. If it is any consolation, Holly's "boom" reply had a similar effect on me. Clowning around

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

wildchild

Carolyn

Wowza - it sure is windy today! I really should have picked a more sheltered route. The first two miles were a tailwind tempo across a grassy plain, the 3rd mile was somewhat sheltered in the woods, and last 2 were a slow slog into the headwind back across the plain. At least the wind made the 65° not feel too hot. Splits were 10:08, 9:18, 11:02, 13:01, 12:22. I had to slow to a walk several times in the last two miles when the gusts were especially strong. But I got it done. And those first two miles were sure fun, even though I knew I'd pay the price getting back to the car. Wink

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'm so sorry. If it is any consolation, Holly's "boom" reply had a similar effect on me. Clowning around
                  Let me see . . . . . . yep, that helps some. Wink Teresa - Great email from the UT coach.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Wednesday is my MLR with some MP imbedded into it. So todays 7 Mile run went like this: 2 miles warm up then 3 @ 8:20 then 1 @ 8:00 and a 1 mile cool down for a total of 63:00. I had no energy all day and I was not sure how this one was going to go. I had 3 @ MP on my schedule but decided to run one more and kick it up a notch so like I always say you never know how it will turn out until you get out there and do it. When it comes to the dicussion about wine, I kinda take all that with a grain of salt. If you just use common sense and everything in moderation is the rule it probably is not gonna hurt you. I don't think anyone here is sloshing down a bottle every night . Or maybe you are and thats why you guys are so fast. Wink I think I will uncork one tonight though after all this talk about it I kind of have a taste for it. good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

dg.

This afternoon I finally tried pool running... but it hurt. I don't know if I was just doing it wrong.... pulling back against resistance was the problem. Probably unavoidable. After about a half hour, I stopped & just swam for another 10 minutes. Dried & changed & went upstairs to use a bike up there.. & my legs felt pretty good for a change. I decided I could try 1 lap. (200 meters). I ended up running 1 mile, & I think it was ok. Big grin. happy happy joy joy. funny how your perspective changes, isn't it? A pretty hard 25 min. on the bike after that, & that was all I did. It wasn't that much of a workout but I sure am wiped out. Will catch up a little more tomorrow.
                      evanflein

11 miles in just enough new snow to make life difficult. Sure am looking forward to spring! Tried the new GPS Import feature tonight from my mac, and it works great... except I can't get the graphs to work. Map works fine, and there's an elevation chart below the map, but I sure liked those graphs.

Marathon Maniac #3309

11 miles in just enough new snow to make life difficult. Sure am looking forward to spring! Tried the new GPS Import feature tonight from my mac, and it works great... except I can't get the graphs to work. Map works fine, and there's an elevation chart below the map, but I sure liked those graphs.
                          How come your running log is not public anymore, as I always liked looking at your workouts...you hiding something from us Wink TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Confused I have no idea... I didn't intentionally change anything. And this morning on my pc, I can't even get the "map" to show up of last night's run. I guess I'll have to tinker with it some more and/or post a message to Eric to tell him what problems I'm having. Of course, it could just be me... Roll eyes