Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 2.25.14 (Read 42 times)

...Woot bty//..........nice to see you checking in

==========

30mprnb

ws

.............and tselbs has the cutest Baby EVER/////////

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

4.4 miles in some hot weather conditions for February. I bet it's close to 70 today, but I couldn't pass up such a beautiful day and not go for a run, so my co workers are just going to have to deal with my running aftermath for the day. so be it.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

.tselbs has the cutest Baby EVER/////////

those are fighting words.

However, since I'm too old to fight

(and can't see the dear little one until

I get to a library computer), I'll agree too.

No matter what, in spite of more-and-more negatives,

being a grandparent makes getting old worth it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

Yes, tselbs has a very cute grandchild but mt GD, Vera is also a cutie (at age 1)- glad we're not in a competition- saving it for our racing!

Love those photos, Carolyn.

Did 5 miles along the Charles this morning-wish I had a decent phone camera.

On a more serious note, my DD who lives in Ohio had complications from a knee replacement she had last week. She's going to get rehab but the prognosis is good. We're keeping in close touch with my SIL.

bhearn

bhearn very odd puzzle the two children one is a boy born on Tuesday.  Let me see - you can have your first born a boy on Tuesday and then a boy on one of 7 days or a girl on one of 7 days.  That is 14 equally likely alternatives.  Alternatively the second born can be a boy on Tuesday and the first a boy on one of 7 days or a girl on one of 7 days or 14 equally likely alternatives.  Between the two groups there is one overlapping outcome: two boys both born on Tuesday.  So there are actually 27 equally likely outcomes in the set of possible outcomes.  Of these 13 involve a boy born on a Tuesday so the odds you have two boys is 13/27 which I must admit seems really, really odd.

Very good! Full marks. Yes, it is really odd.

More about this problem here:

When intuition and math probably look wrong

bhearn

The boy born on Tuesday.  I must be an empiricist, because my thoughts went like this:

born on tues, means more likely a C-section or induction, means more likely a complicated birth, like twins, which means the possiblity of identical twins, which means more likely (by a very small fraction) the other child is a boy (born on the same day).  And more boys are born than girls period (105:100), so there.  Although more boys die before age 20, so I am not sure when it evens out.

Heh.

.yeah,

I knew I was gonna hear about that......

..I apparently

need to amend that to

''the cutest baby EVER//////''.........with some dissentions in the ranks........

NHLA

7 miles 63 min  nice day

great mt & baby pics

dealing with the changing government regulations on lumber going into Mexico is about to make my head explode.

Not much work today, so I went home early,

Run with the dog, 4 miles in 53F, capris, sunshine.  Felt like spring is coming, and I did see my first crocus.  Nice.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

On a more serious note, my DD who lives in Ohio had complications from a knee replacement she had last week. She's going to get rehab but the prognosis is good. We're keeping in close touch with my SIL.

Wishing your DD speed recovery.

Bhearn is here two days in the row...keep the puzzles coming so we can keep him!!!!!

NHLA, good miles for you today. Thanks for the great pictures, BTW.

Tselbs, that baby is a keeper! How sweet! Please keep posting his pictures.!

Unlike Enkie,  who ran in capris and sunshine, I was wearing several layers of clothing, including a face mask to help me cope with the strong wind during my run tongith.  8 miles with 6x800m at 5k pace with 90' intervals. I was planning to run 10 miles, but I decided that 8 miles was good enough and hitchhiked home .

Guys, gear up for a fantastic Wednesday! Middle of the week, here we come!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

That is one very cute baby, Tselbs.

I'm staying out of the Monty Hall discussions. Definitely over my pay grade....

Holly, hang in there. Find some XT that works for your exercise fix; a bike trainer would be a good thing for you to have anyway.

Gorgeous pictures, Carolyn. You sure live in a pretty part of the country. Like Leslie though, I'd want to be able to bring my own O2.

I'll join Mariposai in being happy for Wednesday. Our forecast is for upper 20's! We could see 30's by the weekend. I'm sure not dumb enough to think this means "spring," but it's just a warm up. We could still see weeks of below zero temps before "breakup" really hits in April.

Got out late today, but loving the daylight lasting longer into the evening. It sure cools off after 4 p.m. though... it was markedly cooler when I ran at 5 than it was at 2 p.m. My eyelashes even froze up! 6.3 miles in the waning daylight. Hamstrings still a little sore from the weekend so avoided hills today, except the last half mile back to my office building. Did 3 x .1 mile sprints up the hill with 30 second breaks. Goal is to run up that damn hill without stopping in a couple of weeks.

New skirt in town

My brain can't work its way around that problem until it's had more coffee.  I can't even handle the explanations.

Last week was spent in Mexico...what an idyllic trip!  No snow, lovely weather, and I managed to get 58 miles done in the early mornings to beat the heat.  Just goes to show how much running I can get done if I don't, you know, have to shovel and go to work and stuff...

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

..Best T-Shirt of the Day Award...

''Save The Planet-

It's the Only One With Beer''