Masters Running

April 22 Boomer Runs and whatever .... (Read 523 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Karin! I hope you have a good week, recovering. How long does it take you guys to get over a marathon like that??
      Lots of fun reading the RRs today. 5 tempo-ish miles today in 43:35 a 8:45 pace. I have not checked the splits but the middle 3 must have been pretty good. Started out with an easy recovery run because of my 20 miler on Sunday but it felt good and I just went with it . Haven't felt all that sproinky lately so this was a nice suprise. good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Hi C-Mom! I love reading about Luna Chix. And. When I go to the rec. center, I always take my Luna Chix water bottle, it's full of ice, the Luna Chix powder or a scant scoop of orange gatorade, and water all shaken up. I am proud to carry my Luna Chix bottle because I think the products are great. A BRICK! Well. You know that a triathlon is swim, bike, run? Well, a brick is a bike and a run. If you are training for a tri (I am not), bricks are a staple. I like doing bricks because I feel tough and I think the old folks at the rec. center think, "That's one tough broad." Although, they do not like when I spray sweat on them and they do not like when I have the fans on full blast. They exercise in complete "jogging suits" and Rockports. They get chilly when the temp. dips below 80 F. I love them! Seriously, we should all make a point to spend time with folks over 70 and under 7. We can learn a lot. So, that's a brick, a bike then a run. A reverse brick is a run then a bike. I sometimes do these in the summer. Congrats to the new Luna Chick, she sounds like a winner.
        LaVita
          Good hangover runs going on today. I had a particularly good easy 3 miler @ 10:27 pace. Beautiful day today in NW OK. 73F light breeze. The legs felt better today than they have in...well...in a heck of a long time! Smile In fact, I guess you could say they felt down right good! Rest up all ye weary Bostonians. You deserve it, everyone of you. Also to the Wenatcheeites!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

King of PhotoShop

Just back from fabulous dinner with Roch and dg, details tomorrow, but great people and two more masters runners to add to my travel list. Karin, eat the darned ice cream! You earned it. Rose, call me later, but only when Ralph is not around. Spareribs
              A nice evening run of 3 one mile runs done with a break to check my house phone between each mile. I am not sure what you would call that, but it was good for 3.34 miles. My brother, the one who has been having the heart problems, was talking to me on the phone and said he followed the Boston Marathon and was looking at the various pictures to see if he could see me (I told you he was confused!!!). He loves to follow sports in the Boston papers. I had fun bragging on you guys with him. Teresa asked about how long it takes to recover from a marathon like that. I will await Karin or someone else responding, but will go on record as saying I really had no felt effects from my one official marathon run. I only tapered my running that next week because I was told I should. However, from a feeling point of view, I felt like I could have run as normal the day after. I am wondering if running at a slower speed and not full out racing changes the recovery in time and intensity. Makes sense to me.
              Vista
                Grrrr. Lost my brilliant post before I pressed "post." Another sign that I'm sleep deprived. Dragged my tired self through 5M tempo this evening. It wasn't pretty, but I got it done. Need sleep in a big way, but it's not really an option until Friday evening. I'm thinking: passing out on the sofa during CSI Miami-a-rama on A&E. I live such an exciting life! Whoa - I've got some nerve complaining about being tired when I ran all of 2 miles - not 26.2 - yesterday! It was a thrill to follow your progress online and I'm enjoying the RR's. Keep 'em coming! Another recruitment presentation at school tomorrow evening. Can't wait until Memorial Day when all of the concerts and extra stuff are finished and I can just do my regular job - and concentrate on running. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

ROCHESTER! Will you meet me for dinner in October? We are going to run Grand Rapids on 19 October. How about after the run, Sunday evening? We drive home on Monday.
                  Wow! Wish I could, but right now I'm running a different HM this year just two weeks before GR. Of course, things can change. Besides, I'm sure you can get together with hopeful at the race. It's local for her, but on the other side of the state for me. But we'll see...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

roch....I like your avatar.
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      Wow! Wish I could, but right now I'm running a different HM this year just two weeks before GR. Of course, things can change. Besides, I'm sure you can get together with hopeful at the race. It's local for her, but on the other side of the state for me. But we'll see...
                      No. She is running Detroit. Darn. I will miss you. Hey! I hope that you have a wonderful different HM this year just two weeks before GR. I am going to try to run a 4:22 in GR. There. I said it outloud. Now I am going to really have to try!
                      LaVita