Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 3.26.15 (Read 39 times)

Based on Jlynne's observation I am going to see if I change my handle here to Cat-two.    At this point anything that might help!

fatozzig good luck at the office with getting the files all straightened out and getting your colleagues to keep them straightened out.

Alas, my headaches are going strong. Another day with zero physical activity. I am going to try to see my GP again tomorrow. I fear that in many cases doctors do not know what is causing a person's headaches and I may be one of them.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Twocat--I hate headaches and have been getting the way too often, lately.  I hope you get yours under control.

I went a total of 13, tonight, in 1:31:10 that included 10 miles in 1:07:22.  I only have 2 more tough workouts before the marathon...I wish I had another 3 weeks...oh well.

No, Aamos, I have never done Marine Corps.  It was always on my list of ones I wanted to do, but decided against it because of being so dang big.  But then I saw the medal from last year and decided I had to get one of them ones...

Okay--gotta go!  See ya!

Mariposai

Butterfly hugs to twocat.

Holly, now we know what the doctor did and we will hold you accountable to that non-running order.

Another long day at work, plus a fun, but long evening interviewing students of two schools who have applied for our Rotary International Scholarship. The applicants were top notch, as they usually are. Tough decision but our small club just gave away over ten thousand scholarship to 4 students.

Of running, ran 4 easy miles this early morning at pre-dawn hours.

Jay, stay away from trouble 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Holly, I was wondering if you'd say anything. And I started running after my sciatica when I felt I was ready... which was before my PT felt I was ready. I remember when she said "ok, why don't you try a nice easy run, but not more than 4 miles" and I said "ok!" but not telling her I'd already run 15 miles that week... nice and easy right? Still, you don't want to do anything to knock anything out of place or delay healing.

My DH, who usually always roots for the underdog, is not happy tonight. So far, Xavier is leading AZ by 2... not the sort of underdog upset he was looking for!!

So today was a perfect "run home from work day," and the only problem was I couldn't run all the way home because our local bike path is still in miserable shape. So... I had DH meet me at the bottom of the hill and we went home. Worked great, and I got a nice 8.6 mile hilly run in after work. Today was a very stressful day at work, and that run was just what I needed. Funny... it gets me to 26.2 for the week.

SteveP

Jay, a heavy rain could cause a lot of seepage into basements. I don't know what those on the Eastern Seaboard are used to. Shop vacs and fans are handy.

Good luck Leslie.

SteveP