Masters Running

Tuesday 7/16 Daily (Read 38 times)

Tramps

Sounds like everyone made it through the tunnel just fine.  And the whole Posie Clan ran the marathon?  Cool.

11.3 in the H&H.  I didn’t realize I could swim that far.

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just a type-by this morning...

Great reports and photos from The Tunnel!! Congrats to everyone, and especially the Posi clan for medals all around.

5.9 racewalking miles at 4:05 in 70 muggy degrees. I was saved a bit by a flag-fluttering westerly breeze. Too early for sunrise this morning, but there was starting to be some nice color in the sky to the east.

'Nother early meeting, this with a property owner interested in protecting (from development) about 15-20 acres in town, including a gorgeous pond that is also an important link in an important watershed. Wish me luck in helping guide them in a direction that will be good for them and for our town.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

great--TWO LATTEOT reports and no time to read at the moment.

something to hold out for later.  2 miles on the TM at the hotel and now watching to see if some gear works (or not) in mid 90's for the day.  I'm so happy.  And no smilies to show that?  wonder where they went.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Happy Birthday Wildchild and Posai.  I missed the actual day, so feel free to celebrate again today.

The tunnel sounds like it was a good time.

We're under a lockdown here due to the heat advisories. Roll eyes  I went to the gym after work yesterday for a little of this and that.  This morning was a sweaty 3 mile run.  I can't imagine going 11.3.  I was soaked down to my socks after just 3.  Of course I'm in pretty carpy shape at the moment.

....mornin' guys//...............30min poolrun........no flotation belt.......

100% humidity

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Well...like all good things, this LATEOTT trip is coming to an end.  Wildchild and I are at the airport...that's two takeoffs and two landings...if all goes as planned, that is.

I have to say, I honestly have not met a person from this group in real life who I haven't liked.  I have always loved to run...I've always enjoyed going to the different states knocking off marathons in my quest to do all 50...but joining this group and meeating so many of you have made it an experience that I could have never imagined when I started it.  Uh oh, I'm getting all mushy...I get like this when I'm facing life threatening situations...

Okay--I should go.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

11.3 in the H&H.  I didn’t realize I could swim that far.

Big grin

Mike - it's okay to get mushy...Smile

6.3 slow and easy miles for me this morning in 73 humid degrees.  I need to work to get up early enough this weekend to finish most of my LR before the sun is up - still very humid but not as debilitating.

My SD is going to an ALS support group tonight, so I'm going to sit with my mom while he is gone.  Their laptop needs some clean-up, so I may be able to read the RRs while attending to that.

Keep it cool out there, folks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great picture of the marathon finishers and the posie's with their medals.  Nice long run for Tramps in the H&H.

This morning, it was in the low to mid 70s, almost calm, and humid.  I got in 5 miles at about an 11:15 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

...I didn't think mikeE could be Mushy and THAT FAST at the same time........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

4 takeoffs--4 landings--and 1 tunnel--I made it!
                      Mariposai

Post marathon blues really is hitting big around here. Dinner conversation tonight with the Easy Pacer, Son and other son was about global market  and Asian shares and we all agreed that we  all miss having twocat's presence at the table. Looking at the great pictures that people are postings also is making me miss all the great RA friends we hang out with this weekend. We are so blessed to have such a caring and fun loving community here.

My wings are resting today from running, but I did some yoga tonight to aide my recovery.

Off I go to pit about 10 pounds of cherries to process for drying. The weather is hot with a cool breeze tonight, so I can sit on my deck to enjoy the view, be entertained by the hummingbirds and attach the cherries.

I just love summer!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard