Masters Running

The March Close-Out Daily, 3.31.15 (Read 32 times)

Come and enjoy my pre-race pasta dinner, Mike. It will make you "run" really fast!

Heh heh heh . . .

Thanks for the links, Ribs.  And I like where you state in the one article, if you're injured, get off the internet and go to the doctor!  I'm in the process of trying to get into my PT.

Holly - Ugh! on the mouth!  But it sounds like the antibiotics are doing their thing.  Smart move to not run until your follow-up.  I applaud your endurance on the trainer.  I think the longest I've been able to stay put is 60 min.

Seems Marj posted a pic WITHOUT snow.  Too bad it's not 2Kitty's yard.

Dave - I carry pepper spray with me in case I have to fend off man or beast.  A few years ago I got the holy crappola scared out of me by a small dog who was on the attack . . . while the owners sat on the front porch going, "Come here [little @&$$]!  Come here!"  I would've booted him like a football, except I was afraid I'd lose my balance and fall.

I did 30 min on the trainer last night with 10 min of core, then a 45 min walk this a.m. with about 5 min of core.  Everything irritates my hammies, so I don't know what I can do, except keep up the ice and ibu and get up as much as possible at work.  MAT appt was good, but there's a definite issue with my pelvis, so we're starting, literally, from the ground up starting with my food.  She palpated some muscles in my calf yesterday that just about sent me off the table.   It's a good thing I don't cry easily from pain.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - my friend Penny re-posted this on FB today. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

All right we finally got some sun without sub-20 temperatures to go with it.  To celebrate I went off for a 14 mile run with my virtual running buddy.  Was it actually warm?  Well no.  But, given this winter around here you take what you can get!

Jlynne that sounds absolutely horrible!  Remind me never to have dinner at your place!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Thanks for your daily recaps, Jay. I am woefully behind and just reading one days post is like reading the last chapter of a book first. I will catch up but not tonight. I was wondering today when tomwhite's surgery is. Glad that Holly is recovering, though with a setback it seems. And crocus springing up, Marj, you lucky duck! We had very little snow this winter and the lake is down at least a foot lower than normal already, as are our city wells. Watering restrictions will begin shortly if we don't get some rain this spring.

What a lovely spring day it was here in Minnesota. It was 70 degrees when I headed out around the lake. I was on track to make the 4.72 in less than an hour but then at mile 3.33 pain in my foot forced me to walk a bit. After that I could not get back into a groove but enjoyed the walk. There were lots of birds, bodies, bikes and boats out today. MrStarr had burgers ready for the grill, yum! It feels like summer here. I have been busy with music at church, music for orchestra, sewing, cleaning and getting tax documents in order, yuck! Glad that is done and especially glad that we will get a refund. We had 3 of our rentals that needed to be gutted and remodeled? I am so glad that the work is finally completed and we have good renters in all of the units. Keeping track of the receipts is daunting but two afternoons later I was finished. We have three check books so that complicates things a bit too.  MrStarr keeps track of the income side of it so he had 1 piece of paper to bring to the table.

Have a great week everyone. Hiya Tallrunner! Good job on the intervals, do you go to a track? I have never done that..

i forgot got to say that I do not have a clue who  Sara Bareilles is. Also, I was up at 5 checking email when I realized I still had today to spend my Kohls rewards cash and had three other coupons. All in all I scored three cardigans for $31 so was happy I checked that email. Now I can stay warm this summer when they crank the AC on.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

I am really liking the AMC series "Better Call Saul".  The season finale is already next week. I'm not sure if anyone has seen any of the episodes, but it's worth a look-see. 

I think I mentioned earlier that my DW and I are enjoying it, especially with the Breaking Bad tie-in. Not sure how popular it would be with someone who had not seen that series. And now Mad Men has only a few episodes left in its run... 

Dave, I hate hearing dog stories like that. One of my big fears, and not helped a few years ago with a similar too-close encounter!

Got my mile of swimming in again today, and it's starting to get easier to keep putting the laps in. Now it looks so nice outside that I'm planning on getting one of my bikes out this afternoon for the year's inaugural ride! It will be warmer tomorrow, but cloudy and rainy, so a better bet today in the sunshine and light breeze.

See ya later!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"