Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 03/01/09 (Read 244 times)

Hi Folks - Will get the tallies out later. Have a great week! Evanflein - 54.9 miles running + 2.8 walking. Yowza! Great job! (PS - Moose Tracks - them's are big ones!) Dutchie - 35.9k/22.31 miles + 3 PT appts. + puking kids. Poor foot! Undecided Hang in there. Evryday - 36 miles. Nicely done! Eliz - 14.8 running + 3 walking + Yoga (x2). Nicely done, as well. Hugs to your kitty. Sad pfriese - 7.75 runnings + minor surgery. Hope you're doing well. Nowor - 18 miles running + core + what sounds like some wonderful yoga. dg - 35:1 min Arc Trainer + 3:29:40 Elliptical + 39:07 Bike + .4 mile Running + 3:15 hrs Weights. Good job! . . . but what the heck's an arc trainer? Inquiring minds (okay, just one mind - mine) want to know. Gordon - 32 miles. Hopefully returning to us soon! This week's tallies next Monday will probably be a little late since I will be out of town 'til late Sunday.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

My goal this week is to do some kind of workout each day. I have Conference in Concord, leaving Thursday, so we'll see how things go closer to the weekend. Mon - 30 min stationary bike; strength training ------------------------- 45 min stationary bike; 20 min light weights Tues - 30 min power walk; strength training ---------------------------- 4 miles w/1.5 easy slogging. Went very well! 12:57 ap Wed - 30 min stationary bike; strength training ------------------------- 45 min stationary bike; 30 min light weights Thurs - Traveling ---------------------------------------------------------------- Shopping, shopping, shopping Fri - 1 hr power walk ------------------------------------------------------------ 4 miles, treadmill style; more shopping Sat - Whatever I can work in -------------------------------------------------- Nothing Sun - Traveling Total Bike: 1.5 hrs Total Walk: 4 miles Total Run: 5.5 Total ST: 50 min Shopping: Endless - 642 miles, maybe??? Big grin

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

32 miles last week...Be back soon...
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! And Hi Gordon!! Monday: 3.3 recovery paced miles, .5 mile walk, 4 lazy laps in the pool Tuesday: 5.3 miles Wednesday: 11 miles on snowy bike paths. Sure wish spring was here... Thursday: Rest day Friday: 5 miles EZ at lunchtime Saturday: 10 miles, 8:35 avg pace, .4 mile walk c/d. Shoveled snow for 1.5 hours today... Dead Sunday: Totals:
          dg.

thanks Leslie. the arc trainer is more or less an elliptical. made by Cybex. a slightly different range of motion... the first time I pulled my hamstrings this was the first piece of equipment i was able to use. fwiw. I looked at a few links... none of them seemed worth passing on... It's worth trying if you have one available. when you are HEALED. I'll try to keep up this week. Can't run, isn't as much fun posting workouts! Erika... I can't imagine you doing a lazy anything. (((dutchie's foot.... dutchie's boys))) nowor... where did you travel? Eliz..how's your kitty? Hi Gordon! Monday. 1 hr 15 min. assorted strength training. injured runner dvd, prehab, core stuff. Tuesday. 1 hr 15 min. (such symmetry ) on the elliptical, (erika, another highly coveted pbj elliptical special) , leg presses, back lifts, deadlifts, rows, pullups, pushups, reverse crunches. (20 min.? forgot to look) Wednesday:..37 min. combo of pool running & swimming. the pool running not so successful. 1 mile running.. only meant to do one lap, but the pain level was pretty low. 25 min. on the bike, high effort level. Thurs:.... 1 hr. assorted core/xtraining stuff, 45 in. am, 15 in. pm. Friday: ..... 13:08 precor elliptical, 1 mile run, 10 min. pace, 45:25 (minutes!, not miles) octane elliptical, 30 min. lower body weights & stability ball routine. Saturday: .... 45 min. assorted core / dvd stuff. Sunday:....... 40 min. pool running, 15 min. swimming, 2+ a little running on the TM (slow!!), 37 min. on the bike, again a high effort level, & forgot to time.. upper & lower body weight machines (just 1 set), stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, russian twists. totals... copied & pasted. hopefully they're right. Run: 4.2 Mi Bike: 1:02:00 Swim: 1:27:00 Weights: 2:57:00 Elliptical: 2:13:34
              Monday - rest Tuesday - decided to make this a cut-back week, so resting again Roll eyes Wednesday - school, rehearsal, performance will keep me out all day and evening Thursday - worn out from being at school until 10 last night; set out to run; ended up walking 1 mile instead Friday - straight from school to rehearsal Saturday - ran 5.0 and walked 1.0 in amazing wind on the boardwalk; glad to know I have the fitness to take a week off and still feel good after running 5 miles Sunday - pilates Thanks for asking about (the late) kitty. She joined Socks on Sunday. I'm sad, but not devastated, as she was truly suffering. MTA - glad you're checking in, Gordon Good runs and XT, all. Smile Summary - cut-back, indeed; walked 2.0; ran 5.0; not much else for the bod; snow-shoveling to start off next week! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Eliz - I'm sorry to hear about your kitty, but it sounds like you did the right thing. We shouldn't make our animals suffer just because we want to keep them around. Hang in there!

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thanks fatozzig for picking this up this week. Mon....6miles.........10miles Tues...rest.......rest Wed...6miles........rest Thurs..rest.............rest Frid....3miles.........6miles Sat....25K........25K or 15.5 miles and a new PR at that distance. Sun...rest........rest Total....31.5miles
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  pfriese

No running until at least March 9 Cry . Paul
                    Dutchie42

REALLY late to this party Tongue Mon....nothing to report: not in the mood for s strength training Tue.....nothing to report: we had a power failure yesterday and I forgot to reset the alarm. Wed...10K progressive run, forgot to stretch after Thu....14.15K progressive run. Quick stretch at work Fri.......Plyo leg workout and abs with a stability ball Sat.....7K doggie run, very muddy too. My butt hurt from yesterday's plyo w/o. Sun....21.1K long run @ 9.0K/h on the TM. My butt still hurt and it sort of interfered with my running for the last 5K. Total mileage: 52.25K. Not bad!

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

dg.

No running until at least March 9 Cry . Paul
                        Paul, what's going on? Shocked . Is this related to your outpatient surgery?