Masters Running

Welcome Home! (Read 670 times)

Jesse! I wondered what happened to you! We missed you over on Neo Trail Runners at CR. I started the same thread here under Trail Running, so maybe we'll pick up some new folks, and hopefully the few left from CR will follow.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

BTY

Hi everybody BTY
      wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, this site looks promising! I like the log, and I hate active.com. Kickrunners never really grabbed me for some reason, so if folks are migrating here, I'm in. wildchild

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

It's very uncluttered, and the log is great. If I could log in over at active in under 20 minutes I'd tell everyone to come on down. Wink

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks. Still meandering around, searching for a home. I'll probably wait another week to decide, and then I will pick one forum. I like the look of this place, clean and easy to read. I had really, really hoped that the active.com takeover wouldn't be bad. But it is...it really is...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hi, everyone!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

GreenMan

'zig, sorry I got distracted, no xcuse really, I've been layin off the hard stuff mostly<yankle>, stickin to the rail-trail, Econo,I've always loved that picture. Tramps, I concur, LMAO. Welcome ever body </yankle>
                Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                  If Econo and Dave are here, I guess this place must be OK. Smile Dark Horse
                  I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                    Hey guys......this doesn't look to bad.... I think I have had to log into CR a zillion times ..just to get the CAS screen...somehow or another I manage to get in.. KR looks good too...but for me it is the people.... Hope everyone (at least most everyone) will pick a new sight that we all can call home... Tim, Ardmore, OK.
                      Hot damn! Dark Horse & CassawhateverinAA are here! Hi Starr! (waving madly) Just an etiquette note -- RA seems to have a strong tradition of public profiles and publicly viewable logs. I'm thinking "who on earth would be interested in my training log?" But there have been several comments by RA Pioneers to please make them public because it's a nice gesture. So, there you go; think about doing that. I looked at JJJ's log, for example, and saw some nice progression in his long runs. Attaboy! Ha! Just for that, hally, you're next!

Dog-Love

I've been an RA member for >2 yrs, love the folks here, post fairly often, but just love to run. I'm turning 50 in 2008 so I am all about master's running. I'm an Alaskan trail runner...log about 1000 miles/yr and have 2 kids a husband and a demanding job. I guess that's better than 2 kids a job and a demanding husband.
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          I'm likin' this place. It's clean easy to read...just the way we like it. The log works great and WRFB started the daily thread! Now if that doesn't seem like home....
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, I just made my log public (didn't know I could do that, actually), although I have my doubts that it's of interest to anyone, really. I suppose I should try to input more details about the workouts, but mostly I'm just interested in mileage totals and shoe tracking.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

btb1490

Okay, I just made my log public (didn't know I could do that, actually), although I have my doubts that it's of interest to anyone, really. I suppose I should try to input more details about the workouts, but mostly I'm just interested in mileage totals and shoe tracking.
                              Pretty impressive miles you have going! Did you see there are various mileage groups here that you can join? Just so you and others know, if it's important to you, there is an option to make your log viewable only to group members and not to the general audience. If you set your log up that way, group members could then view it by clicking on the "Reports" link near the top left of this page, find your name in the group and click on it.
                              evanflein

Hi everyone! Holly sent me an invite so I thought I'd check it out. Don't have time to get a profile all set up now... I've been fooling around all morning and have work to do!! I didn't know you had to "join" a group to post here, sorta interesting. Kind of like a little club! After today I'm off work until Jan. 2... I'm so excited to have the time off I can barely contain myself! Big grin Maybe, just maybe, I'll make a dent in that messy house of mine. What did Dark Horse call his house... an Ungodly Mess? Yep, that sounds about right...