Masters Running

Thursday May 1 Runs and Not-so-Runs (Read 45 times)

Wow a Perch sighting!

Feeling guilty to post and not backread....flyby

5 miles at 6am, IRC 52 sunny.

Then 4 mile walk home from the wrong park and ride after work, in the 89F heat and sun, sweating all the way.

Now getting ready for Posie and the not so easy Pacer visit tonight!!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Once again, I'm just stopping in real quick to say hi.  I had to go to a wake, today, after work...then I had to take my car out to Eric because his car broke down...then DW talked me into stopping for something to eat.  In other words--I didn't run today.

Okay--that's it--see ya.

This weather is SOOOOO WEIRD ..... rain, rain, rain, sunny and warm, now pouring with thunder and lightening!!

Fortunately - I was able to get in a nice 5.2 mile run between the rains today - everything felt great and it was the best run since Boston.

Wish I was going to the Ave of the Giants this weekend -- feeling RA deprived since I missed the Boston partay and am looking forward to another meet-up one of these days!!

denise

TammyinGP

Hello everybody!

Once again, I'm just stopping in real quick to say hi.  I had to go to a wake, today, after work...then I had to take my car out to Eric because his car broke down...then DW talked me into stopping for something to eat.  In other words--I didn't run today.

Okay--that's it--see ya.

I didn't run either. David's track practice was cancelled and he went home after school with a friend to spend the night, so DH wanted to take me out to dinner. So, I ate instead of running.

okay-that's it-see ya!

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Oh, Ribs must have been assigned male nurses.  (He says they're "gods.")   His reputation from the last admit.....

You might have missed it a couple of years ago amy but it was probably a triumvirate of goddesses so Mr. Stickler has to say gods. Too bad we all know better now though. oh well

/

I didn't run either but I don't have any excuse.  Oh, I don't need one.

This Seattle weather is SOOOOO WEIRD too, ....already breaking the previous high for May 1 (81 degrees) by six degrees. No wonder I didn't go running today.  Oh, I forgot, I love running when it's warm enough for my feet not to get mad for making them run on cold pavement.  Ick.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Not being able to see the floor is important in the formative years.

Our nephew has been with us for over a week. He was purported to be very shy, and one who needed a lot of "alone" time. But last night at the dinner table, he and DW and I had a lively and rambling discussion that went on for about 90 minutes. Good stuff!

Ice ice Jay

We're nearly a month and a half into spring. These are a couple of pictures of Lake Michigan. Very seldom do we see the water this calm.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, Ribs must have been assigned male nurses.  (He says they're "gods.")   His reputation from the last admit.......

Thanks for stopping by!  Keep on walking the halls; so glad you're up and about.  (Are you wearing a pedometer?  Cuz you could post your miles.)

Best to the Saint.

and +1

Aamos - I am so happy you have returned - you add so much to this group.  

Perch - Hiyah!

Steve - is that ice on the lake?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."