Masters Running

My strategy for Boston (Read 282 times)

btb1490

Walking the marathon presents me with a very unique and exciting opportunity. Most, if not all of you will be passing me at some point during the race. So, not only will I get to participate, but I will also get a chance to see each one of you during the race as well. What a great thing it will be to be able to cheer each one of you on as you pass by, and hopefully get to be part of your race by running a short way with you. I hope you won't mind some crazy guy screaming his fool head off for you out there, or some company for a few strides. This is what I'll be wearing, as seen from the back. There will be other people wearing the singlet as well. I plan to have "for Amy" written back there. So if you happen to spot me, please give me a shout so that I can in turn shout back at you twice as loudly! I am so excited to be able to see all of you in action! Smile

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Super Bob! I'm so proud of you. you make me for the first time want to go to Boston too. Make sure to add "from Bob" or "bob runs for amy" so you can enjoy some well-deserved cheers too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

that's so awesome Bob!! I saw someone in the Hyannis 1/2 and then again at the New Bedford 1/2 with his singlet like yours and it said "running for my son Zachary" - when i saw him the 2nd race i told him i'd seen him in hyannis and i was thinking of his son...........i love the messages on people's shirts - when i was in Disney a girl's t-shirt said "say a prayer for my brother in Iraq" so when i approached her i said -- prayers said.........such a powerful reminder to be thankful for what we have looking forward to meeting you!!

denise

evanflein

That's wonderful, Bob! I sure hope I can catch up to you!
            I am so excited to be able to see all of you in action! Smile
            Oh wonderful! We'll be looking for you out there, Bob!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

SteveP

Bob, You have a gift for making lemonaide out of sour grapes. Amy is lucky to have a guy like you in her corner.

SteveP

Thats incredible Bob....I will be looking for you....
                HermosaBoy

Go Bob!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

PJH

I hope I get to see you Bob! Best of luck! PJ

Marathon Maniac #957

I'll be looking for you Bob!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

This is great news btb! Remember what Tetsujin says, "slow is beautiful"!
                        TammyinGP

You are going to have a great Boston, Bob!! You will have more time to soak it all in and see so many runners and walkers. And I love your ensemble. Wish I could be there.

Tammy

#artbydmcbride

I will look for you for sure! Hey, I might not be last after all! Big grin

Runners run