Masters Running

Tuesday - 2/3 (Read 32 times)

usandtoto-2@msn.com

thiry minute afternoon train ride to outskirts of Osaka

for 3-mile hike up to Mino Falls and jog back

. . . . . . . .  . .

Hope it helps for the10-12 hours I expect will take me

with the Joyful's Office Manager in Sunday's

Hakone Pass Marathon . . . but I doubt it.

Jon - have a great time and don't forget to eat and drink along the way.  Although, I don't think oysters will be on the menu this time around as they were at Newport, OR.  Getting ready tonight for our short flight up to Sapporo's Ice Festival tomorrow.  Thanks again for the impromptu 50K Saturday.  Legs were just a little tight for Sunday's 4 miler then was able to get in 9, 10.5 and 15 so far this week.  Not taking any running clothes to Sapporo, but will be doing lots of walking.

Glad I'm not going to be running in snow and on ice like in most of the US.  BE careful out there.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mike - enjoy all the giant ice sculptures and festivities in Sapporo.

The Joyfuls who'll be there look forward to seeing you at the Yokohama Marathon in March and having you join them in their future marathons as your scheduile permits, . . . especially now that your first place 3:33:26 run on Saturday (by 1min/1sec) has kind of put a friendly target on your back. However, I see even faster runs in your future.  good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I haven't posted since Saturday.  Sunday night, we got 6-8" of snow so Monday morning, it was 5 miles on the TM at a 10:48 pace.  I then borrowed my neighbors tractor to clear our driveway so we could get in and out.  I think that where the snowplows had piled snow at the end of the driveway would have stopped a car.  As soon as I cleared the driveway, we went to Brighton for our weekly baby sitting and grandson fix on Tuesday.  Now, I'm trying to recover.

marj, when I saw the picture you posted, my first response was, "I've been there".  I wouldn't have remembered the name "Casa Grande", though.  We stopped there while visiting our brother and sister in law in Scottsdale.  fatozzig, nice racing.

This morning, it was in the low 20s with some wind.  There was an inch or two of light, new, snow on top of the icy roads.  My Ice Trekkers worked well but I had a tough go of it with both breathing and tired legs.  I got in 5 miles at an 11:47 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS