Masters Running

Wednesday, 11.18.15 (Read 38 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Yes, but you know, she has admitted that up there where she is, it's a dry cold.

(and the cats may be forced to like each other if the heat is turned down........)

which reminds me, I never get to see my two curled up, or rarely ever.  They tend to lie about exposing their bellies.  I read somewhere that you can use the degree to which a cat is curled up to gauge the temperature.......

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

SubDood

I read somewhere that you can use the degree to which a cat is curled up to gauge the temperature.......

cats

Marathon Maniac #957

ps: the low in Nashville is supposedly going to be 26 and the HIGH on Sunday isn't going above 45. 

There are lots of aid stations (or several that you pass often) so you can layer up in thrift store layers and then toss them at an aid station when you get warm.

Cute kitties!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

cats

Is that the equivalent of a three dog night?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Sounds a bit chilly for the Monkey, Amy, but not too bad, considering...

The weather here has been awful - yesterday we got about 8" of snow, and today the winds are howling and it's in the 20s.  So I bailed on my run both days...   Yeah, I'm a  wimp.  Plus, I've run my last race for the year, and so no real pressure to keep training for anything at the moment.  A bit of a rest is probably okay, too.  But I hope the wind dies down enough tomorrow that I can get out and run.

Jealous of Erika's trip to Hawaii!   Hope the kitties get along okay.  Maybe you should put them in a box together to help them get along?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

That is some wind to be blowing the stars all about!

Dang it!  I wish I had come up with that one.

evanflein

Jealous of Erika's trip to Hawaii!   Hope the kitties get along okay.  Maybe you should put them in a box together to help them get along?

Ha, like Holly's DD putting Dexter and the cat in the bolster, or whatever it was, together so they'd learn to get along.

A low of 26 and a high of 45 sounds just about like IRC, really!

Carolyn, I heard about the storms in CO and also in WA... I think 3 people died in WA from trees falling on them or their cars? Incredible. You are hardly a wimp; it's good to know you've got the common sense to not go out in those conditions!

Ok, off to meet the new house sitter and show her the ropes. And the cats.

Mariposai

Cute Threecats picture

Another long day at work with yet another audit for another program we manage.  Brutal day, but I did managed a 4 miles zombies run.  The zombies got me every single time no matter how fast I tried to run. Sorry, no avatar change since I am still posting from my cellphone.

Today I am greatful that the strong winds did not blow the sick trees down at one of the apartment complex the Housing Authority owns. I was awake all night worrying about it.

Cheers,

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Love the grandkids, TomS.

Erika, rubbing cookies together helps stave off the cold.

If we ever have an intruder, I guess we can just throw Wilson at him.  Of course, if the intruder is at night, the sight of Shorty running at him buck naked would probably scare him off, too.  Oh wait - TMI??

. .

Grapenuts 

Nice shooting star Moebo. You are a great addition to the little box of cracker jacks here. (Real sweet -half nuts)

My energy levels are way down. There was a tough blood donation Monday night. The only reason I pass the iron screening is thanks to the supplements the Dr prescribes. With the low hemoglobin, my Dr suggests I quit. The blood drive people say I have desirable antibodies as well as being O-. The needle sticky person said she may have gotten iodine in the vein.  Enough whining. Unloading various building materials in the high winds has been a joyful challenge. The only thing that's annoying is trying to reconcile the paperwork to the shipment.

SteveP