Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 6.13.14 (Read 34 times)

King of PhotoShop

People often post pics to Facebook and only a few of them are funny, but I saw this one yesterday after all my conference calls and just plain lost it.

Spareribs

Mariposai

I had one of those days today as well, but not due to workload, but to being a little under the weather with a stomach bug. I lay down on the couch all day long. Thank goodness for text messages that brightens and brakes up your day. I am reading a book about China and I welcomed the opportunity to be able to read a book between naps.

After reading so much about China my appetite finally came back up and I made some pretty yummie Chinese dinner for my DH and I. It felt good to use the first crops from the garden, basil, sweet peas and kale.

Good luck to Mrs. twocat, on her long distance run tomorrow.

Leslie, sorry to hear about the allergies.

Go racers go!!!!

Ohhh, I keep meaning to say congrats to our Tri- Star

Irishguys, I hope your doctor's appointment brought you good news.

Tamster, honey moon! I never knew that. BTW, please give David a big posie hug for his accomplishments.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

That is funny, and one heckuva long arse. My favorite FB pictures are usually of cats and baby goats. Just because they're so damn cute.

We had a few sprinkles today, but it warmed up nicely to almost 70°. It's ridiculous that I'm calling that warming up... It should be mid-70's at least this time of year! Oh well, it's been good as far as not having fires so I'll take it. Decided I really need to step up and get more trail running in, so 5.3 miles all on trails today. Felt good but it sure is a different effort from running on bike paths!

LOL Ribs!!

Posai - glad you are feeling better

Erika -- I think since you skipped Boston this year you should take a trip to visit your East Coast friends and do Reach the Beach with us!!

Leslie - Zyrtec works better for me than other OTC antihistamines ... maybe that will help

MikeE - thanks for the concern .... I feel ok camping alone because it's not like I'm roughing it by any stretch.  I am in a campground with a lot of seasonal people already here and more arriving tonight for the weekend.  I really enjoy my time here near the ocean in my camper!!

I finally made it out for a run today when the rain tapered down to a light drizzle -- ran to the beach 1.5 miles then did 1.2 on the hard sand watching the ocean roar and ran back to the campground to total 4.4.  Feeling so much better - hope it continues!!

Have a wonderful weekend my friends and fleet feet to all our racers!!

denise

lamerunner

Greetings!  Denise, glad you feel better and I hope it lasts.

Today was just a 6.5 mile run around town and a 1500 yard  swim at lunch. Felt pretty good. Just a light mist for my run; the heavy rain came later.

Mariposai, I hope your stomach feels better soon.  I had an issue yesterday but I think it was from putting too much jalapeno in an asparagus salad ( misread recipe at first), so there was a sprint to potty at the end of the run..

happy weekend!

Marathon Maniac #957

Because we had such a mild winter,

Really?  This last winter?

I have been reading but not much time to post, as we spend time with visiting MIL.  I sure wish she lived closer, she is such a joy and the favorite grandma.  My own father and SM, who live here in Dayton, haven't even bothered to see my kids in 3 years. 

7.1 miles for me on Friday.

Still keeping up with the 30-day core challenge, Mike, but it's getting tough...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Still keeping up with the 30-day core challenge, Mike, but it's getting tough...

Yep...I grunted my way through it, too.  Then went to another dang dance recital...talk about tough...