Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 11.13.14 (Read 34 times)

Holly, since you apparantly feel good running and carpy when not, perhaps you should just start and run nonstop forever.  Seriously, I hope you get to feeling better.  C-R, congrats to Patrick.  Aamos (and DH), nice 5K.  Aamos, it's neat you got a note from RCG.

Nice long runs for SubDood (with Mike) and Mike (another one, on TM).

I'm over in Ludington visiting my mother.  This morning, it was about 30, there was a little wind, and a dusting of snow.  I got in 5 miles at an 11:19 pace.  Since then, the wind has picked up and it's nasty out there.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Henrun

Ran 2 miles this afternoon (so I could wear shorts). One of the few times I've run 3 days in a row this year-I think (I hope) my ACT has healed. This morning Marj and I walked almost 2 miles to a class.

Yesterday we both attended a board meeting of our 65+ running club. Marj was elected to the board of directors. I've been on the board for the last 2 years. Our new president is a 70 year old woman who set a national age group record for the 5K in October of this year (22:16). Our membership covers the New England states and is now over 700. Our major goals are to establish 5 year age groups for masters in races and to keep seniors running (or race walking).

Good luck to our weekend racers and, especially, our marathoners.

evanflein

Good luck, Tramps and Stumpy! I do hope you guys can get together before or after the race, and provide photographic evidence, of course!

Great idea for the boys at the retreat, Ribs. So nice to hear the Saint doing so well, too. She has a greta coach.

I don't remember Amy's handle, but I did remember that Holly ran with her. Thinking about her handle is one of those things that will drive you nuts, and might come to you all of a sudden as you're falling asleep, or doing something totally mundane and ridiculous like peeling carrots or cleaning the cat pan...

Hope everyone is enjoying the "Arctic Vortex" or whatever the weathergasmers are calling it. We had an overcast day yesterday but the skies are clear and sunny today. It's a little cooler than yesterday but still nice. I'll run in a bit when it gets to about 20°.

Marathon Maniac #957

Here's a picture of Amy and I.  Wish I knew how to post the picture instead of the link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36669806@N00/3755787486/#

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, since you apparantly feel good running and carpy when not, perhaps you should just start and run nonstop forever.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Could it have been runningsmarter? Rings a bell, but I'm not sure. What I did was click that link on the left labeled Reports. That will give you a list of all 610 (!) people who have ever been a member of the list (yes, such old stalwarts as CassadAAmius and Dark Horse are still there!). It takes a while to wade through them, but it sure did bring back a lot of "whatever happened to?" memories.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

C-R

Oh boy are you guys torturing yourselves.

Let me help in another way. Sing along - you know the tune.

"Its a small world after all. Its a small world after all. Its a small small world."

Oh and I waved as I went past Holly. I-70 traffic is the pits.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

evanflein

Sorry, C-R, no help... But hey Roch, that's a good reminder about that list. Lots of names there I miss around here. Like nonoruns, and sans souci, and others. The only thing I could think of was maybe glidegal? But I don't really think so. I thought her name (Amy's) had "mom" in there somewhere, but maybe not. Oh well.

6.1 miles in brilliant sunshine this afternoon, temp was about 28° or so. Just lovely. And the cooler temps made it not as slick, so that was nice, too.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

C-R--I am so glad I did not read your post before I started running.

Last night I went to the high school cross country banquet.  What an emotional night.  Those coaches love those kids and the kids feel the same about the coaches.  I got home late, but it was very worth it.  I feel so lucky that they continue to allow me to be a part of it all.

Tonight, was another night on the treadmill.  10.4 miles in 1:21:57.

I was lucky this week that there was no wrestling practice because of conferences.  Next week I have to fit two practices in with my running.  Why do I keep getting myself into these messes?

Okay--gotta go--see ya!

Tramps

Good to hear the ACT is behaving, Henry.  Great club.

And they're luck to have you help out, Mike.

No run today but I did get a chance to drop by and say "hi" to Stumpy and his DW tonight.  Now I know why he likes to come to Richmond to run. His cousin and DW seem like really nice folks and they have a gorgeous home right in the heart of Richmond's Monument Avenue.  (Just a mile or so from my office, too!)  We got a chance to chat some and start thinking about the race.  I need to get my act together since the forecast is calling for 28F at the start and I haven't run in anything near that since last winter.  I'll have to remind myself tomorrow night what I used to wear in those temps.  A bit chilly, but I much prefer that to H&H!  Looking forward to it.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Great to see that Tramps had a chance to meet up with Stumpy. These boys are going to rock their marathon this weekend.

Rochrunner, yes...you will always be MY roachrunner.

2 miles on the TM, half hour doing the gym diva thing and I was happy to have a free gym to work out tonight with our low temp. I know, Erika, you may think I am being wimpy to not run outside at 20F , but if I have an option to not make my asthma upset...I will take it .

Go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

are all amy's very fast runners: aamos, CNY's friend and A. Stryker.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Mariposai, I am probably the least judgmental runner around... seriously! I log more than enough TM miles to understand the desire or need to do that sometimes. Take care of yourself, first! Good for you on getting your run done!

Is Richmond tomorrow or Sunday? That is on my list of marathons I want to do....