Masters Running

MARCH Challenge Update!! (Read 57 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Marathon Maniac #957

16 for me, too.  Starting to take rest breaks....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I confess that I have not done any burpees in three days.

Sad

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

I confess that I have not done any burpees in three days.

Sad

No problem.  Just do 48 today and you'll be caught up.  Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, I think I am giving up on this one.  The next three weeks are supposed to be my peak marathon training weeks, and burpees just seem like too much of an injury possibility on tired legs. (((sorry)))

TammyinGP

I'm feeling the same way Holly. I have my peak weeks coming up and at least for me doing the burpees is just a bit too much.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Yeah--I was planning on jumping back up to where I was before my race, but I think I'll finish out the month with just the required.  I did 18.

Marathon Maniac #957

Suggestions for next month?

I was thinking April would be a good for push-ups.

Mike E

MM #5615

TammyinGP

pushups are good for me, Holly.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

I was just thinking that many are doing longer races in April, so it will give the legs a bit of a break to do something for the upper body.

I'm not really sure what parameters to make it though.  15/day for the first week; 30/day for the 2nd week; 45/day for the 3rd week; 60/day for the fourth week?   Is that too much?  Too little?

How about "at least 10 push-ups" every day, more if you can?  Is that too wimpy?

BTW, girly push ups are totally allowed.

TammyinGP

BTW, girly push ups are totally allowed.

whew!

I'm a pushup wimp. but I could probably do something like 10-15 the first week and increase from there.

I like the idea of laying off an exercise that uses legs because this month and most of next month are my big mileage times, so I really don't want extra work on my legs.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Pushups are fine with me, too.  I'll probably stop doing them the week before the marathon, though.

Mike E

MM #5615