Masters Running

1/23 TGIF runs.... (Read 572 times)

King of PhotoShop

What I found amusing was that even though a few people knew it was me, others continued to post that they didn't know who it was! The hair is different of course. Back then I had the same receding hairline and that dopey do that many people sported back then. Now of course it is all gray and I keep it cut very short. Those were the days. I didn't fool CNYrunner though. Great call Karin! Spareribs
    Slo

That's pretty cool Spareribs......You had me. All I really knew for sure where the shoes! So how long did you hang with Bill Rodgers in the '79 Boston Marathon before you let him go ?
      TammyinGP

When you compare Rib's avatar pic and the one he posted, he is in the exact same running stance - arms, hands, legs, etc. Even if one doesn't recognize a younger Ribs in the facial features right away, there's no mistaking his running form. Ran 3.5 miles on the TM at lunch time. Even checked out a few nice looking men while running. No face plants or body slams against the back wall were involved. Tongue

Tammy

evanflein

Byll, as you told me once... you might surprise yourself! SR, I had to go back and check out the picture again... yep, exact same arm/hand position, etc. That's pretty funny... Like I said before, hope you run circles around him! We lost all network connections here a bit ago. Was strange... couldn't do anything because we've loaded so many of our daily functions on the servers/internet! Web-based HR system... how cool! Until it crashes... Couldn't even print out anything because we just have network printers. Only the phones and fax worked. Shoulda gone home when I had the chance!
            You all are a bunch of youngsters. I was already married in 1979, attending graduate school in Seattle and had just started running. I think I was slower then than I am now. I had no clue how to train and was convinced that I was not athletic and could never do anything beyond a slow jog. I was pregnant in 1980 and had to sew my own maternity running shorts, since it was impossible to find maternity workout clothing. Times have changed. I wish I had a picture of me slogging around Green Lake at 8 months along. And speaking of maternity, we are going to be GRANDPARENTS! Yes, the newlyweds of 2007 are going to be new parents in 2009. We are beyond excited about this turn of events. We'll head up to Boston a day early in April so that there will be time to shop for baby stuff and maternity clothes for dawndaughter1. Oh. My run this morning. 4 miles at recovery pace. 25° As for our morning running schedule, we usually get up an hour before we head out. (Our alarm is set for anywhere between 3:15 and 4:15, depending on how far we're going). Coffee is on a timer and already brewed by the time we hit the kitchen. And he knows better than to get between me and that pot in the morning. I have no sense of humor about that.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

evanflein

Congrats on the new grandbaby, PDR and WRFB!! That's the bestest news we've had around here in quite some time. Shy
              Henrun

We're running a long one tomorrow, so I thought of taking the day off. However, high 30's and sunny today, so I had to take advantage of the day. This morning went to the Boston Common for an hour of ice skating-as I finished Marj ran by starting her noon run. When I got home, did some errands, threw my shorts on and ran 2.5 miles around the resevoir. Ribs, I would have posted my 1978 Boston photo but I don't have a scanner anymore. Amazing what 'primitive' running clothes we wore-but they worked!

King of PhotoShop

Primitive running clothes Henry? How about those velour track suits? I had one pair of matching pants and jacket top, and it was some cotton or poly fabric, with the stripes down the sides. Here I am in 1978 That little fellow on the left is Spare Tire, my now 36 year old son. Spareribs
                  Henrun

and for the $64,000 question, when and where were these taken? Photobucket Photobucket

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Is the second one Abbey Road? (It's all Henrun..)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Nice photos Ribs Smile That cover shot is awesome! Hen terrific picture of Boston, what year? I believe I reconize that fire house as being near Fenway Park. Tim, ouch,Black eye that is embarassing but not funny, lucky you weren't injuried more. My gym has lots of hot ladies but there are mirrors in front of treadmills so I don't have to turn my head Big grin I use them twice a week in winter & summer because it's more convenient and I have never fallen. Yet Purchased Yaks on Monday & used them Wednesday evening for 7 mile trail run in the dark. Actually it was pretty light with that snow on the ground. I was surprised at the OK feel on the dry pavement. 40 min. treadmill run for 4.3 miles yesterday. No run today.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

King of PhotoShop

Great photo Henry. I guess the one with the lines on the street is your Boston photo at the Pru. Loved this! Spareribs
                          Henrun

Thanks. Both are of Boston-1978 and 1985.
                              5 miles this p.m. without thought of pace or HR. Ended up doing it in less than 49.52 with a 9:59 ap, which surprised me since there were a couple of decent hills to climb. Took a route I never run since I run in the dark a.m. Too dark in that area for comfort. In the evening, too much traffic for my taste, which reminded me all over again why I like to run in the early a.m. hours.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM