Masters Running

Good Luck Weekend Runners. (Read 156 times)

Well...the heat is returning...so hydrate, have fun and run swift... 4/26 TomD - Free State Trail Marathon, Lawrence, KS 4/26 JJJessee - Promise Land 50K, Bedford, VA 4/26 bty - St. Johns-St. Annes Spring Runoff 10k Albany NY 4/26 hermosaboy - Get in Gear 10k Minneapolis 4/26 wa5yom - Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon 4/27 evryday - Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, OKC OK 4/27 pfriese - Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, OKC OK 4/27 Jim24315 - Big Sur 5k - Carmel CA 4/27 henrun - James Joyce Ramble 10K-Dedham, MA 4/27 flkjr - RI State Police 5k Narragansett,RI 4/30 SimonR - Hartwell Half, Aurora, Ontario
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

On 4/26, I'm running the Safe Passage 5k in Cumberland, Maine. Safe Passage is the organization that works with the kids that live at the dump in Guatemala City. Last year, the founder, a young woman named Hanley Denning, was killed in a car wreck down there. A documentary filmed before her death was nominated for an Oscar. Hanley graduated from our local high school, and a bunch of the kids have gone down to volunteer over the past year. So this race has a lot of meaning! It was my very first race ever last year. I ran it in 41:20. I'm hoping to get close to 30 this time!
        Teresa! This sounds like a great and quite poignant race. Good Luck and that time is coming way down....I just know it! Wings on your feet now! Karin/CNY
          Thanks Tim...and good luck to you....I'll look for you in OKC. DW and I will be at expo sometime Sat. afternoon...then arts fest, right across the street from expo. Call me. I'm taking this opportunity to post my goals for this, my first marathon. In order of priority: 1. fininsh injury free 2. finish strong 3. 4:30 just because it's a nice round number (as far as time goes) 4. 4:25 just because it's in the middle. 5 4:20 evryday on crack goal 6 negative split I didn't list have fun, enjoy the experience, see the beauty, all those other very important goals....for me, those are givens. No matter what the results are I will always meet those goals.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Run well everyone! GO JJJesse!!!!!!!!!!
            pfriese

evryday, Have a great marathon on Sunday. Hopefully we can meet up at the start or finish. Hope all y'all have great races this weekend. Paul
                thanks Paul....good luck to you too. I'll look for you at the start....look for me about 11:00 at the finish...if you stay around that long! Fins to the left, fins to the right. Tell Jimmy "Hi" for me!
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                btb1490

Lot's of great stuff going on this weekend! Go Boomers!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good Luck to all of you! Tim.. you're running a half marathon 5 days post Boston?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova