Masters Running

Redwood Park 30k Trail Run (Read 115 times)

I'm a bit overdue on this, but if you're interested, you can read it at: http://fatozzig.blogspot.com/ Had a blast, and would like to go back to this course.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo

Great Read Leslie ! What would we do with out peanut butter.......?!?!?
        Gnarly!! Great job on a tough course. I can't remember, what your longest trail race has been. Have you ever done a 50K trail?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I completed my first 50k at Forest Park in Portland, OR, last May, and got pulled at my second 50k last July at SOB in Ashland, OR. Didn't make the cut off time for the aid station at Mile 22. Going back this year for revenge! I've also decided to alternate 30ks and 50ks in an effort to build more stamina. The gall bladder surgery set me back a bit, but that's okay.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

Nice going Leslie! I still find it hard to believe that Oakland has such nice areas to it. My time was spent by the Navy Yard and there were no parks around there! Not that you wanted to be in after dark,that's for sure. Good race and good report!