Masters Running

Daily Runs Sun Feb 10 (Read 521 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang It is a beautiful day here, blue sunny skies, people out walking on the Centurian Way, cycling and me and Woody bobbing along. Yesterday I tried 5m MP 10:30 but ran 10:23 AHR 159 76% Today 6m 10:55 AHR 153 72% Good Runs All Roy
      Morning Roy!! Morning Everyone!! last night was fairly quiet at work after several ugly nights so i went right to the gym before driving home 3.1 mile loop on the treadmill in 28:25 followed by 2 min cooldown to total 3.24 miles 20 minutes arc trainor stretched now time to wash up and GO TO SLEEP!! Have a wonderful Sunday!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! 10 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 19 degrees with 30-44mph winds (ave pace 10:09, ave HR 132). Quite exhilarating, actually, being buffeted by the wind, listening to it roaring through the trees, dodging stray trashcan lids and cans of tuna. Yup. I actually encountered an unopened can of tuna, on it’s side, rolling down the street. I rounded a corner and had to sort of hop-skip over it. My legs felt surprisingly good, considering yesterday’s LR and last night’s overindulgences. I hadn’t realized that around-the-world beer samplers were so effective for carbloading. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hill Runner

Good morning all, Springtime has arrived in the Carolinas. Smile 17.02 miles of hills @ 9:23 pace then 1 mile cool-down. 18 miles total. Absolutely beautiful morning to run...picture pertect. If I can get a few more long runs in before the end of the month, I may decide to run the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach on March 15. Good runs to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Good morning -- have to post quicklly as we're going out to breakfast with dawndaughter2 for her birthday. Workout: Target(distance) w/u(1), 9:25(2), 9:00(3), 8:35(3), 8:15-7:50(3). Actual(HR) 9:07(131), 8:51(139), 8:24(147), 7:39(162). A little bit of snow and windy, but not as bad as predicted. Overall: 12.2 miles, 1:44 Good runs. Watch out for tuna cans!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

There was a 44 mph wind-rattling gust of wind early this morning before we headed out (according to WeatherBug), which was just a little discouraging, but overall it wasn't too bad. I ran through a 20 minute period of snow showers and high winds, but then the sun came out, the wind dropped and life went on. 15 .0 miles at 10:11 pace, followed by pancakes.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Hi Folks, I should be at the start area of the Hampton Half-Marathon (Hampton,NH) right now, but it wasn't to be. I am sort of blue, but everything happens for a reason. My running pal ---who was driving us, since her parents live up there---was sick all night with fever, chills and much stomach distress. I was all set to go solo when Mr. CNYrunner said that while he is always supportive of my running adventures, he would worry all day. It's a more than 2 hour drive and there is a snow and wind advisory all along the route I would travel. The forecast calls for heavy snow and wind gusts of 40-45 mph where I am (it is snowing now in fact) and heavy rain, thunder and wind up along the NH coast. BLAH! So, I bagged the race and hope I won't regret that. Not to be a complete wuss, I ran 16.4 miles at 8 AM---2:23, slushy, slopping and mega-hills. It was a good workout after all even if I don't have a new tech shirt and some race memories to show for it. Now I have more time with my guys here at home and that's just as well. Best laid plans of mice and men and all that....! Enjoy the day---especially all you IRC folks. CNY

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

CNY.. Sorry to hear about the race bagging, but stuff happens, there will be others. Also, what kind of race would it be in a snow storm? Nice progression Lou! It was windy here too, like 30 mph from the west. Luckily my run was more north/south. Nice workout today: 20 miles in 2:51:25 (8:35 pace, AHR 154) couple minute negative split with this elevation profile: Here are the Garmin Splits: Only drank water, no GU. Did have a banana and bagel with peanutbutter and honey at 3 am. The run was at 7-10. Nice 30's-40's but windy. Tory ran with me hte first 7.5 miles. Have great runs!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning to all. judging by the runs posted so far, the reason that so few have posted must be that they're still out on the road. Smile I'll do for the daily what I do for the monthly; lower the average--3.2 miles in 28:14 at 7am. I would have liked to go farther, but this was sort of a shakedown run after all my complaints of the past week. Woke up with nothing hurting after thinking that I would need to take some days off after Friday's run. No aches or pains during or after. I can see that the stretching for the shins was helping and getting better, but what felt like a pulled/strained muscle in my butt just (apparently) going away is confusing. Guess I better not look a gift horse in the mouth (or any other part of its anatomy Smile About 2" of nice wet snow on the ground, no wind, and 34F so another day of PRC. (I'm going to see if I can make this part of the running acronym lexicon__Pleasant Running Conditions) great long runs for everyone today. Hope I'll be able to go farther next week. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Kevin I can go lower. 1.1 mile warmup, 1.1 mile cooldown for a total of 2.2 treadmill miles this morning. My first run of the week and first run for the month of February. I have heard though that every great journey starts with a single step. At least my lungs feel good right now so keeping my fingers crossed.
                        note to self...try Holly's carbo loading technique.
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

More snow last night. I'm glad it's a rest day for me! I'm still tired after my long run yesterday. Good luck to those of you running in horrible weather today! Teresa
                          munchkn883

Walked the Duke Trail this morning with a few friends. Could have been a little faster.

Renee the dog

Hi everyone -- was out bright and on time at 7 a.m. to do my 6 miler. I was one of those "It's hot; it's cold; it's hot; it's cold" kinda days. BUT, I was dressed just right to survive the warm sun and freezing winds! So, dog and I had a great run! Biggest news is that it is the first time I've run 3 days in a row since my serious ITB injury in Sept. '06. And, neither leg fell off. Surprised My schedule was just a wreck this week, so I just had to do it this way. And, I'm glad I did! Getting more and more excited for the Ocean Drive 10 Miler at the end of March. Great runs everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Munch, somehow I think your pace was just fine. Ok, hats off to all you folks running in the wind. I'm very impressed. I'll take cold before wind, anyday. -45 downtown... ?? It's -12 here at home. That's one heck of an inversion! I wonder how deep it is... meaning, how far down the road can I go before I hit the really cold stuff..... Hmmm, I guess I'll let the sun come up a bit more before venturing out, although I can see the bird feeder swinging in the... what's that?... wind?? Oh ick. I really don't want to do 17 miles on a treadmill today.... CNYrunner, I think that was a good call. Perch, nice run! I sure wish I could figure out how to get my Garmin stuff loaded so I can show elevations. SportTracks doesn't work with the mac. Should check out MotionBased.com I guess. I hear that works pretty well...