Masters Running

Boston RR - (short) (Read 266 times)

The weather was good. It was a bit foggy before the start and about 50F. We couldn't even see the fighter jet fly-by because of it. It seemed that the clouds burned off right at start time and we had quite a bit of sunshine for the most of the race. I had a goal of 3:10 for this one, and knew it would be a formidable goal on this course. I stayed on pace real well most of the race and felt very good at the half. The warmer weather was good, and it seemed like there were twice as many Wellesley girls out as last year. And they were LOUD!!!! I passed a lot of runners on the Newton hills. I can't believe so many good runners tank it so bad on the hills. The fan support was really strong from Boston College all the way to the finish. My legs filled with concrete from about mile 22 and beyond. All I wanted to do want get this thing over with. I pushed as hard as I could at the time and finally reached the "1 mile to go" marker beneath the Citgo sign. I glanced at my watch and it read 3:03:10. OK, now I need to really work to get this 3:10:00 or better..... I pushed it really hard and the fan support was phenomenal. I saw DW about 300 yards from the finish line on Boylston and felt tingly all over as I pushed it to the finish. Final time - 3:09:50 Mission accomplished. Thanks for reading, John

King of PhotoShop

So you were up there in the speedy group huh John? 3:09 is a very good time at Boston. Congrats on a fine race. Spareribs

Head Procrastinator

Wow, you are fast. (short reply for a short RR)
        ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
        seemomgo

I like that you got tingly after seeing your wife!! That is why isn't it??? Great race for you and even though your report is short, it says it all!!! You are a speedy guy!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Fast time, fast read, totally enoyable! You blazed that course John! Congratulations on hitting your goal! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

awesome race John!! love that tingly feeling!! Big grin

denise

dg.

Congratulations!!!!
                evanflein

Excellent... and I agree I think a lot of people tanked on those hills who really shouldn't have... Very speedy run, and I like the tingly feeling too.
                  HermosaBoy

Great race John -- how'd the HR go?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Cool!
                      Masters 2000 miles

Renee the dog

Just great to pull it out at the end like that! Inspiring for sure!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

You sure ran a fast one, john. It's special the way you were able to pour it on the last mile and make your goal. Congratulations. TomS
                          PJH

Great race, John! You are one fast runner. I happy to hear that your DW can still give you that "tingly" feeling! Big grin PJ

The Jogger

Legs like concrete, more like determination like concrete, strong and tough. Well done on achieving your goal John. Roy
                                Excellent race, John, and what a finish! It takes a lot of guts to crank it down like that after having run so long. Congratulations!
                                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33