Masters Running

One treatment down, three to go (Read 195 times)

munchkn883

Had my first Clinical Trial treatment this morning. Didn't start out very well....my port wouldn't give blood until after the third stick and then I had to take a deep breath and hold it. I think the nurse got about 15 viles of blood. After that I was given the drug and had no ill effects. Tomorrow and Friday I go back to give blood. We are praying this drug will stop the progression of the cancer.
    xor

Well, at least you have a port! 15 viles. Yikes. Good luck. You know what to do.

#artbydmcbride

You have my prayers too, munchkn. Smile

Runners run

Good luck with this new treatment, Munch. Smile
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          coastwalker

You're one tough and determined lady, Munch! I'm so glad you got through the first treatment, and hope the next three will be easier on you. And, of course, I hope that the drug does what it is intended to do and brings the cancer to a halt. How long after the last treatment will you get a report on the effectiveness of the drug? Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

munchkn883

This morning the nurse stuck my port one time and the blood flowed! That was a blessing! Jay -- I believe I am going to have CT and Bone scans a month after the last treatment. Should be the first full week of April.

Renee the dog

This morning the nurse stuck my port one time and the blood flowed! That was a blessing!
                That had to have been a relief! Thinking good thoughts for you...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

You have had a very tough row to hoe. I wish you well in your treatment and I hope it does the trick.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I wishing all the best for you Munch. Thanks for keeping us updated.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild

Carolyn

I was wondering if you intentionally used the word "viles" instead of "vials" - it would be appropriate in this case! I hope the new drug works, and that you continue to have no bad side effects. Good luck!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

It sounds like you are off to a good start on your treatments. With one fourth done, if this was a marathon, you'd have over 6.5 miles behind you and less than 20 ahead of you. Hang in there munch. TomS
                        munchkn883

Wild -- Just a typo...but you are right, either would be appropriate!