Masters Running

Friday Sept. 11 (Read 34 times)

evanflein

Really?

So glad it's Friday. For a short week, this has seemed to drag on.

It's been 14 years...

And on a happier note, Happy Birthday CNYrunner!

mornin' erika//..........Happy B'Day CNY

===========

80's and humid, but low in the 40s by the weekend////////////////

1 of 2 PT work-outs

and 3x15-min walk with cane

hopefully going to 20-min this Sunday

.........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Really?

It's been 14 years...

And on a happier note, Happy Birthday CNYrunner!

huh, it's already Saturday over here.

Glad I missed 9/11 though.  Still think of it plenty

and am still reminded almost every day one-way-or-the other.

Tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu CNY

where are you running today?.

ps - god job deez.

how many different tri's, different distances, so far this year?

Have you signed up for next year's IM with your DS yet next year?.

Do it right away.  They fill up fast, . . . .   and time flies, you know.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Slo

Really?

And on and on and on...<sigh> I'm looking at working the next 22 days straight.

I still plan on running though.

Yeah, where is everybody?

Good to see TW with something new to report every day.

Ran my club's "prediction run" yesterday evening. It was a 4-mile run on a previously unknown route out at our usual park. In the past, I've always been conservative on my prediction and then come in way early. I made a more realistic prediction this time, but was mainly helped by the fact that it was a hilly route. It was 3/4 trail, some of it gravelly and loose, which also slowed me down. The result is that I finished within four seconds of my prediction and got a $25 gift card to the local running store as the "winner". We then hung around until dark, drinking beer and eating hot dogs and other healthy food...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Congrats Roch!!

Sounds like a good day, gift card, beer, hot dogs.

Erika, I had that same thought when I saw no thread had begun.  Really?

4.3 miles, with one mile at 9:04, the rest closer to 11 than 10:00.  I was shooting for 9:00, and failed.  Thought it would be really easy, and it was not.  Probably going to do a big hike tomorrow with B.E.  Weather will be fabulous.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Henrun

5 today which served as a sandwich for yoga at the Y. 2.5 each way. Going there was cloudy and cool and return trip wasunny and humid. Marj met me 1/2 way on the return trip. Loosened up in yoga.

Good luck Carolyn and wtg TW and congrats Roch.

A tough day to remember .

tomwhite no cane walk!  Even if only for a few steps, what the heck!  Congratulations!

I have a tough time with 9/11.  I still remember the day vividly.  My DW was working at the time in WTC 7.  When the planes hit I had no idea what her status was for hours.  It was nerve wracking in a way I have never otherwise experienced and I hope it stays that way.

Couch potato day 4.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

It's hard to believe 14 years have passed . . . .

{{{Deez}}}

Congrats, Roch!  I'd go for the gift card, but not the hot dogs or beer.  I usually one or two hot ogs a year and then afterwards wonder why I ate them.

Happy Birthday, CNY!

Erika - Neither of us have liked the Camry since we bought it, but it's what we could afford at the time.  It's a bunch of little things that add up to one big dislike, not to mention The Hub thinks it's terribly uncomfortable for long distance driving.  Unbelievably enough, he's letting buy an Outback.  I've been drooling over them since my buddy, Karen, bought a brand new in 2011.  Cripes, that's a nice car.  The only opinion he's voiced is on the color, and wouldn't you know nobody has the green in stock?  They will while we're on vacation . . . . figures.

Got in a nice 5-mile run last night at the McKay, and actually got "into the zone" the last couple of miles.  Surprised me so much, I almost shook myself out of it.    Was supposed to get up for core/ST this morning, but the medication I'm taking for my hives made me jittery and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night.  . . . . at least that's the excuse I'm going with.

The yearly visit of some ladies friends is happening this weekend.  Six of us in total - 3 visiting and 3 of us local.  Means I won't be home much at all until Sunday night.  I'm the youngest at 49, and everyone else is 60+ and up.  We have WAY too much.

Have a great weekend, friends ~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

The yearly visit of some ladies friends is happening this weekend.  Six of us in total - 3 visiting and 3 of us local.  Means I won't be home much at all until Sunday night.  I'm the youngest at 49, and everyone else is 60+ and up.  We have WAY too much.

Way too much what?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."