Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 4.24.14 (Read 45 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

How could anybody not love tet?

So...my DD texted me a little while ago.  It seems that my chip didn't work in last Saturday's race...you know...the one where I just missed winning by a couple seconds...and placed 2nd?  I'm listed as 344th with no time...and she texted a picture of the race results sheet and said "ha I beat you!"  Then added a minute later, "Makes me happy!"  Yep...that's my DD...and, in this case, the "D" does NOT stand for "Dear"!

I struggled through an easy...well, it was supposed to be easy...7.2 miler, tonight.  59:25.  About 2 miles into it, I got light headed and kind of dizzy feeling.  I'm pretty sure I was just hungry but I had just as much to eat today as any other day.  Hmmm...

Okay--I guess that's it for me for the day.  See ya tomorrow!

3.4 miles with the dog.  Very windy.

I bought some Sketchers?  did I spell that right? when Meb first became their sponsor.  Unfortunately, they did not work for me.  But, GO MEB!!

RIbs - I completely endorse your message.....very important.

The conversation re: Mike and Erika  (first note, Erika, blond, athletic goddess from Alaska, many stars marathon maniac, super talented.  Enke: poses as a runner, brunette (Nice and Easy #115), same height as Erika, but not EVER as talented a runner).

Also re the conversation: Uphill and into the wind.....this was so funny.  I sent Door#15 an email that said I did a 10 mile out and back run Tues, uphill and into the wind both ways (because honestly, that is how it felt).  And he responded, "but how deep was the snow?".  Really liking that guy.  And he is not even a runner.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Also re the conversation: Uphill and into the wind.....this was so funny.  I sent Door#15 an email that said I did a 10 mile out and back run Tues, uphill and into the wind both ways (because honestly, that is how it felt).  And he responded, "but how deep was the snow?".  Really liking that guy.  And he is not even a runner.

This is priceless. And yes, that's the sort of stuff that really matters.

Nice n' Easy (#102) run tonight after work. Goal was 8:30 pace and pretty much nailed it. The easy part was the terrain more than pace: pretty flat. Then I went and picked up my bib for the first 5k of the series this year (Chena River Run 5k on May 3), and it's another chip timed race! How cool is that? Our little town is growing up! I don't think we have a start mat though, just finish mats. We'll see though, I could be surprised.

Mariposai

Wanna see a glympse of the view the runners of the Omak Orchards in Bloom will enjoy this weekend?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ribs, don't be silly.  It’s just one of the many ways herein of saying how much you are honored, revered and respected for your running and your life; admired for handling adversity and challenges of all kinds, and how appreciative we are it is not us now, . . . and scared that it might be someday.  Good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

I hope you foot heals quickly Jay.

Speedy Aamos, yes.

Back in tights today. 

Embrace your inner crime fighter.

Tag and I got a couple of trail miles in. Nice.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Late to the party again...

(((Jay's foot))

Well done David!

Ribs - I totally agree.

6.15 mile for me on Thursday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."