Masters Running

Wednesday Daily, 9.12.12 (Read 381 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' all.

I woke at 3, and stayed awake, reviewing (in my head) the renovation plans we are developing for our small workshop that is behind our house. I figured out what I want to do with changing access to the existing cupola (gotta change the light bulb and clean the windows every once in a while), and how we can minimize the permits we'll need for the overall work. I got up at 3:50 and was out the door at 4:05. 6.6 racewalking miles in 48F temps with a westerly breeze. It was my first time out this season with a long-sleeve shirt and lightweight gloves, but it felt great. There was still a sliver of moon high in the sky, so I had some light to walk under. At the coast, I could see the flickering lights of the ships anchored way out in the water, waiting to get into port somewhere to unload their cargo and perhaps pick something up for the next trip. My back had been sore for the last few days, but it was happy to be out and rotating around (with my hips) this morning.Good start to the day!

Gotta go: 8:30, 10:30, 4:30 and 5:30 meetings today. I wasn't on a treadmill this morning, but it seems like I will be for the rest of the day!

Enjoy!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning Jay!    Hope you don't mind if I just jump back in ..... I've been MIA for a while and haven't even been reading!!  Sad

4 miles with Brinkley this morning under the same sky that Jay described.   A tad bit windy and humid which was a surprise for some reason.   We just took our time and stopped to smell things along the way .... well, Brinkley did, I waited.    

Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Hi Mary!

Jay--a workshop with a cupola?  Impressive.  Mine has mice. Roll eyes

Awesome autumn day #4 in a row.  Easy 5.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning, Jay, Mary, Tramps, and all to follow!

Easy-paced 4 miles for me on this lovely morning, although my legs felt tired, I have no idea why. 

Got my camera charged up and in the bag.   Smile

After work I have to go to the running store to pick up a new pair if Injinji toe socks, since my others got holes in the toes.  These have been wonderful at keeping my toenail blisters to a minimum, especially on races with steep downhills.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Same beautiful sky here (although a bit later-9:00am but a cool 60°Wink Finished my PT yesterday and thought I would try running again-kept it to a flat one mile-close to my usual speed. Felt a bit of discomfort but a lot better than when I tried last week. Now icing and will go to Y this afternoon for yoga and a short swim.

Holly, those legs will feel much better when you get to AlaskaSmile.

Mariposai

Howdie Mary! Glad you stopped by today.

Erika, I was wondering were you were since we have not seeing you much. 

Star, are you ready for  your race this weekend? Those were cool pictures you posted the other day.

Jay, your schedule today look like the was mine was yesterday Dead.

Today my schedule is much better, just conducting a mandatory workshop for 4 hours with no meetings and no travels at all.

Air quality is still very bad around here. I wish i could leave town, but where to go?

No running this morning, but I was able to fit in some yoga, hi OrangeMat! My gym visit yesterday showed me that I must start going to the gym more often again...maybe even today Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I wish i could leave town, but where to go?

Divechief, enke and I have an idea.

<<<(TunnelLightMarathon)>>>

ps jay - please put the part about the flickering lights along the coast into music.

Remember "Harbor Lights"?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

4.6 miles with the final half mile fast.  Tomorrow and Friday will be light days as my 20K is on Saturday.

And oh do I have great news for everyone here!  I went out with my friends last night and played trivia.  We got killed, but here's the good news! I now have some new questions to post here, for at least two more weeks! I knew you'd be excited.

So on this one, everyone works together. Name the 5 former U.S. presidents who attended Yale either as an undergrad or grad student. Don't have to name all 5, just post ones you know until we get them all.  Twocat, you're up.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

I wish Newport weren't so far away mariposai, or I'd invite you to come stay with me this weekend!  I'm attending a CLE, but will get in running all three days I'm there of course. I was almost thinking of registering for Newport HM this Saturday and just missing the morning session of my CLE, but I think I've decided against it. It's mostly trails and beach running and while the trails sounds nice (I've actually run on these particular trails when I've been there before), the running on the beach part is what doesn't hold an appeal to me. I don't mind a little beach running, but this sounds like it's miles of beach running. And for $50 I figured I'd rather not spend that much and just run on my own after the CLE.

Had my first "meetup" group run last night. 6 miles in 57:40. There were only 4 of us that showed up but it was nice to run with a few others.  Our heat is ramping up again - should be upper 90's tomorrow and it's David CC meet. Poor kid - each week their meets falls on the hottest day of the week.

Tammy

1.  George H.W. Bush

2.  George W. Bush

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

King of PhotoShop

I see Breger is the only person ecstatic about the new set of questions!  Okay, we got two.  Need three more.  Spareribs

lamerunner

Bill Clinton

...Easy does it henry//........you know how you get.....

========

..120min hiking,,,,,,,,,30min poolrun

YOWZA/////

.............................good running guys...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai, that stinks.  I hope the air quality improves.

A coworker of my DH recently lost a son (7 years old) to what we inferred was a severe asthma attack.  Very sad situation.

On a cheerier note, it was a brrrrrr 47F this morning.  I wore gloves and a long sleeve T over my short T.  The gloves came off at mile 1 but to my surprise I wore the long sleeve the whole way.  4 easy peasy miles.

Enjoy the cool crisp air everyone! (except Mike, Opie.....)

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Barack Obama?

So sorry about your co-worker's son Enke.   That is just simply tragic.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com