Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 11/2/08 (Read 403 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old who run or aspire to run 40 miles/week. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try really hard... Here’s what I have for last week's tally. Let me know if you see any errors.
    WhoMilesCommentary
    Dopple Bock120 I understand about the eating/running thing...
    TomD100.9 Good gracious, Tom – a 50K and a 50-miler back-to-back? That’s a heck of a weekend!
    Hermosaboy87.1 New weekly mileage PR!
    Jim2431564 More road running than usual.
    Barefoot Rick56.42 Nice log, btw.
    PeterNC55.33 With a PR marathon and a BQ!
    Slojim54.2 Nice 10K, and good that PF is staying under control.
    Pfriese53.115K race, followed the next day with an almost-20-miler – that’s a rough weekend!
    Patriotsr150 Your EZ is my MP...Smile
    Perch49.5 Good to hear the leg is improving – I’m hoping it will hold up well for you in the marathon.
    Mainerunnah48.2 Looking good!
    MrPHinNJ42.5 I like how you mix it up.
    Holly42.45 No x-training this week, though.
    Ultrachick38.2 Almost back.
    Twocat36.79 Hamstring pain and a cold – not good. Sad
    Breger31.75 Got a taste of some cooler temps.
    Biketm31 Tapering...
    Here’s my plan for the week so far:
    DayPlanActualCommentary
    Monday00 Weights and abs
    Tuesday7-9 8 miles Intervals on TM
    Wednesday6-7 6.15 miles Recovery pace
    Thursday6-7 7.15 miles Easy pace, w/miles 3 and 5 at MP
    Friday0 0 miles Weights and abs
    Saturday6-7 8 miles Easy pace
    Sunday12+ 14.04 miles Wave run
    Total? 43.35 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Monday - 8 miles - 2 miles warm up - 4 miles @ mp - 5 x 1 min @5K w/5 x 1 min recovery - 2 miles cool down. Actual - 9.12 miles - 1:08:43 - 7:31 Avg HR 141 Max HR 153 8:03 - 7:48 - 7:16 - 7:18 - 7:00 - 7:03 - 7:21 -7:59 - 7:51 - 0:59 Tuesday - 5 miles easy - Actual - 5.03 easy miles @ mp +/- 45 seconds - 39:59 (7:57) Avg HR 132 Max HR 141 Wednesday - 5 miles easy - Actual - 5.03 easy miles - 41:26 - 8:14 - Avg HR 127 Max HR 144 Thursday - 7 miles easy Friday – 3 miles easy w/a few striders Saturday - OFF Sunday - 26.2 miles – New York Marathon – Actual - 26.2 - 3:32:21 not a PR but another BQ I'll take it. Big grin Total - 54.2 +/- Actual 55.4 miles

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good luck Bob, your training has been superb Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Holly...you are the greatest Smile Will need a pass this week due to injury soreness, and hope for a good 26.2 miles Sat. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

DoppleBock

Thanks holly Have a great race Bob - May you get everything out of your body that you trained it for.! I am tapering this week ... finally for the Trail to Rails marathon - Should be a very small race. It is on an old railroad bed with gravel. It is an out and back with a 3/4 a mile tunnel, they had you a flash light as it has no lights inside. I signed up for this race thinking I would be pacing a friend to a sub 4:00, but he can't make it ... so I will just take it as it comes depending on how I feel on race day. #1 goal is to enjoy the day / weekend. #2 goal is to run the whole way. This is #5 marathon this year + 1- 50 miler + 1 - 24 hour race. Funny 7 long races with only 1 5k, 1 5miler and 1 10k = 3 short races. Its been an odd year. Fun but odd. Slow, Fun and odd. M 11 with 4x4 minutes @ CV / 5 easy @ Lunch T 6 /4 recovery pace W 10 with 2x( 1 @ MP / 1 @ T) / 5 easy @ Lunch TH 5 easy - going stir crazy and eating too much FR 6 easy with 5 striders SA 4 easy SU 27 with 26.2 @ MP = 2:57 Total = 83 Good running to all -

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Prince of Fatness

Thanks Holly. I've been experiencing some pain in both feet which I believe is the onset of PF, so I am going to run everything easy this week. I'll be icing, foam rolling, and stretching as well. Hopefully I can knock this out before it gets out of hand (or foot).
              DayPlanActualComment
              Mon66.01Easy
              Tue00Weights
              Wed66.08Easy
              Thu10
              Fri6
              Sat0
              Sun13
              Total: ~41 I'm shutting it down for a while. Things are not getting worse, but the lower legs just don't feel right. They are telling me they need rest. So you can drop me off the list for a couple of weeks. I'll be back .... Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Monday - 10.19 Tuesday - 10.36 Wednesday - 10.37 Thursday - 10.38 Friday - 5.44 Saturday - 2.09 Sunday - 2.16 Total WE 11/2 - 50.99 BF Miles http://www.barefootrunner.org/08weeklymileage/08weekly.htm Thanks Holly! Cool
                Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
                  http://barefootrunner.org
                TomD

Thanks for keeping things here going. Monday - 5.60 recovery run Tuesday - Rest Wednesday - 3.00 Thursday - Rest Friday - Rest Saturday - 26.20 Mid-Southern Marathon, Wynne, AR Sunday - 26.20 Pro Bass Shop Marahton, Springfield, MO Total Miles - 61.00 I still have a lot of cuts from Rock Creek 50k and some tired muscles from Blue Springs 50-Miler. My body really needed those two extra days of rest. I should be ready for this weekend. TomD
                  Patriotsr1

Thanks again Holly. TomD looks like another looooong weekend in store for you. Last week felt pretty good, hopefully this week more of the same..simple basebuilding w some speed. Day..... Plan...... Actual ........Comment Mon .....rest......4 EZ Tue.....8..........9.......2 EZ...6 tempo@7:50...1 EZ Wed....8.........9.5...2 EZ...6.5@8:00...1 EZ Thu.....4.........4.5 EZ Fri .....8 ........8.5 GA Sat.....4.........0...too much trickin-n-treatin Roll eyes Sun....10 ......... 16 Total: ~42.........51.5 pj
                    DoppleBock

Thanks for keeping things here going. Monday - 5.60 recovery run Tuesday - Rest Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday - 26.20 Mid-Southern Marathon, Wynne, AR Sunday - 26.20 Pro Bass Shop Marahton, Springfield, MO Total Miles - TomD
                      You maniacs scare me - 4 in 14 days - 2 of which are ultras - good show - I hope you get great weather this weekend!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Holly.. This weekend should be fun? One week taper. Mon - 2 mi recovery (done 10:23 pace) Tues - 6 mi GA (done 8:30 pace) Wed - 6 mi w/ 2@ MP (done 8:44 avg with 2 mi @ 8:16) Thu - 4 mi easy at 9:29 pace Fri - 2 mi easy at 9:50 pace Sat - 2 mi easy at 9:53 pace Sun - 26.2 miles hard (v hilly marathon at 8:45 pace... 2nd AG..no calf issues) Total: 48.2 Actual: 48.2 including first ever marathon hardware

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Thanks Holly Smile Sun. 8 easy recovery from Sat. 10K ... pf is screaming Mon. 20 long & easy .... officially into taper mode Tues. rest Weds. 8.5 easy Thurs. rest Fri. 8.5 easy Sat. 8.5 easy Total 53.5 miles
                          pfriese

Thanks Holly, M - rest day T - 9.5 miles @ 9:33/mile W - 11.0 miles @ 9:58/mile Th - 8.1 miles @ 9:43/mile F - rest day Sa - 20.3 miles @ 10:14/mile Su - 3.0 miles @ 10:33/mile ________________________________________ Total - 51.9 mile Done Paul
                            HermosaBoy

Another week closer to Houston. Thanks Holly for all of your work for this. You should add a few miles to your log for the effort...
                              DayActualCommentary
                              Sun – AM14.15 in 1:45:45 Wanted to go longer but my training partners weren’t doing so well…
                              Mon – AM4.85 in 38:33 Doggie run
                              Mon – PM6.15 in 43:33 Felt REALLY good!
                              Tues – AM5.0 in 39:12 First sub freezing run for the year...
                              Tues – PM6.15 in 38:55 Includes 4 mile decreasing pace tempo run – 5:57, 5:57, 5:56, 5:36
                              Wed – AM Slept in
                              Wed – PM13.01 in 1:37:00 Getting dark too early – the next few months – MEH!
                              Thu – AM5.0 in 40:51 Took it easy this morning. Could have used some WD-40 for the knees the first couple of miles. Better start doing my ITBS exercises again...
                              Thu – PM6.2 miles in 45:03 Gorgeous weather!
                              Fri – AM5.15 in 41:2448 degrees? Nice…
                              Fri – PM4.5 in 31:17
                              Sat – AM5.2 in 36:31 Standard Pre-Race. HR elevated cuz all I can think about is Kyle's race at 2 -- breathe Rob, breathe!!!
                              Total75.4 in 9:18:04 Stepped it back a bit to get ready for a 10 mile race on Sunday

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Ultrachick

Finally made it! 40.2 for the week! Thanks Holly!
                                If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.