Masters Running

Friday - Freaky starting the daily again! (Read 29 times)

Happy day after Thanksgiving friends!!

Doing a challenge with running group friends - Don't get a fat ass during the holidays!! Must do at least 1 mile run every day between yesterday and New Years Day. If I make it thru the first week with this work schedule I should be ok!

Hit the gym at 5am for 1.2 mile treadmill run, glutes, leg curl, leg press, showered and now at work for the first of 3-

12 hour shifts in a row.

Twocat - I did the sides for dinner - sil cooked the turkey but made a meatless eggplant parm with her sister and try kept it meatless for the vegetarian (me)

denise

moebo

Good morning!

Deez, I like that no-fat-ass challenge! I would love to do something like that, but I tried doing an everyday running streak once and it didn't work out too well. I am going to try to do something every day, just not sure what it will be...

Yesterday I did most of the cooking for our Thanksgiving dinner, which is a challenge of a different nature for me. I don't really mind the cooking part, but the logistics of a a big holiday meal really stress me out. I have to make a list and follow it to the letter in order to get everything done on time, and I don't have a lot of fun until everything is ready and on the table. So today I am thankful that it is over!

This morning I went to the track to give my joints a break, and while I was there I decided to try working on speed. After a mile warm-up, I decided to try to do one lap at a fast pace. Ha! I wimped out after less than half a lap! I tried to recover a bit and start again, a little slower this time. Nope! I gave up even more quickly that time. I guess I need to plan a little better before I try that again.

4 miles total. Heading out with DD to shop at a local artisan studio sale, my favorite place to get holiday gifts. Have a great day!

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  Wow, must be some turkey comas out there!  7 for me this am--ran a monkey shirt and the buff  (Merrill) we got in our goodie bags to a trail running friend.  I've convinced her to enter the lottery next year , so maybe we'll be a pair.   (Unless I am on the "do not let in again" list).

Packing for Space Coast.....and that took 10 minutes.

Glad yesterday was a good one all around, or so it seems.

Made a veg curried eggplant dish yesterday, deez.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

mrrun

two computers made this the only way - see henry's write-up

Henrun

A beautiful, warm unseasonal day here. No run, but Marj and I drove up to southern coastal Maine to spend time with my DS, DDL and my 3 year old DGD. We got there early since that is my GD's most active (pre nap) time. We drove a few miles to the Rachel Carson Wildlife Preserve where we hiked along a wooded trail and GD practiced her tree climbing skills. See photo above.

Marathon Maniac #957

Heading out with DD to shop at a local artisan studio sale, my favorite place to get holiday gifts.

I love those kind of places.

I broke one of my cardinal rules by going shopping at the mall yesterday evening.  The problem with having a 13yo DD who is roughly the same size is that she constantly borrows/steals my clothes/shoes, and she made the point recently that she did not own any boots and that is why she needed to borrow mine.  So, we braved the crowds for a boot sale at Elder Beerman and managed to get 5 pairs of boots for $85 - 3 pairs for DD and 2 pairs for me.

Today we followed our usual Black Friday tradition of heading to a tree farm and cutting down our Christmas tree, followed by hot cocoa by the fire in the barn. This time my younger brother and his family joined us, and we all went out to lunch after, which was very nice.

5.2 miles for me this morning in a windy 56 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

moebo

Holly, I would say that 5 pairs of boots for $85 makes a trip to the mall worth it.

BTW, my DD (23 years old) and I wear about the same size and I can tell you that some day you will be happy that you can share clothes!

I bought a bunch of origami holiday card/ornaments and a beeswax candle shaped like a bird at that sale today. There was a ton of nice pottery and jewelry but nothing I felt compelled to buy. Maybe next time.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

oh, oh. Is amy gunna do the first marathon on the moon.

What’s a guy supposed to do at 5am on Black Friday when
                  none of the stores around here have anything like five boots for less than $100?
                  Why, of course, get up at 5am on Black Friday
                  morning and go run 27 miles in the Wishbone Ultrabone.
                  fortunately. no Thanksgiving Quadzilla for me so,
                  instead of four-marathons-in-four days with almost

everyone else running today,  tapering tomorrow'll

be just fine for Sunday’s Seattle Marathon.  whew.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

What’s a guy supposed to do at 5am on Black Friday when
                    none of the stores around here have anything like five boots for less than $100?
                    Why, of course, get up at 5am on Black Friday
                    morning and go run 27 miles in the Wishbone Ultrabone.

Wow Tet!  Great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."