Masters Running

Sorry I 've been away. (Read 148 times)

It's been several months since I've conversed online. I was busy in Sept.and October putting a new furnace in my youngest son's house. I was still running but not any real volume. I did do 2 1/2 marathons this fall and a adventure race of 17.5 miles after dark in the town of Omer. It had several river and creek crossing as well as deer trails and swamps to navigate. The computer I have been using is my son's, so with school in session he gets first usage. Not any more mama got me own for xmas, so you will hear from me more often. With November comes deer season here in Mi so I spent a great deal of time in search of Bambi. Pretty successfully I might add, I got 2 bucks, that is a first. With the youngest son laid-off from Gm and his wife starting a new job, I felt it would help them tide themselves over a bit. We also do like venison!! Thus my running has suffered a great deal as well as my weight ballooning to 228, right where i was 2 years ago. Thus my new years resolutions are,to run more, 900 miles in 08,down from1600 last year, 1000 + in 09, 1 marathon,down from 2 in 08 and 4 in 07, and to lose 20 pounds,195 in Jan 08,225 in Jan 07. I am relying on all of you to keep me on track this year. ps I may try to run our annual resolution run this afternoon, we have 4 inches of fresh snow and wind chills of single digits as I type this. Run long run fast marathon

#artbydmcbride

Its about time you showed back up, young man! Wink Nice to hear you will be back running and racing more. Too bad about Bambi's dad, but c'est la vie! Big grin

Runners run

It's good to hear from you, Derrick. I'd wondered where you had gone. Good luck as you get back into the running groove. You mentioned the run in Omer. I've never gone there but a number of my Saginaw/Bay City area friends are regulars. Looking forward to hearing more from you. TomS
        evanflein

Hey Derrick! I was wondering what happened to you.... Congrats on your own computer and good luck on those 2009 goals. I think you'll find lots of company.
          huskydon

It is good to hear from you. As soon as the snow melts, tell us how your running is going.