Masters Running

How about we Reach the Beach together in 2015? (Read 58 times)

Mariposai

2015 is here and it is time to start planning ahead for the second RA Reach the Beach get together. Those who participated last year will attest how much fun we had during the relay.

The Rosie Ruiz Fan club team is already registered thanks to our fearless captain, Twocat.

We  exactly are 9 months out today, so we have plenty of time to plan and commit to do this race. We promise you will not be sorry.

Everyone is welcome to join our team: runners, walkers, fast or slow runners. We just care to have fun and not the pace!

The date of the relays is set for September 18th and 19th in NH

http://www.rtbrelay.com/

Last year's team at the finish line having fun!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

an amazing likeness

In.

(from left photo lineup is milktruck,deez4boys, Stumpy77, Paula (friend of Twocat), rtravers, Dora (friend of Twocat), Nick (Denise's son), Mariposai, Matt, Jennifer, Twocat, Coastwalker)

Coastwalker's home range is about 3 miles to the left....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Somebody close to coastwalker send him some pics of his family with a note to sign up for the race!  Having his pad for a base is priceless!

I want to encourage people to sign up early!  A free key chain if you do!  No?  Hmm, how about a cookie!  Yes, a cookie!  I will send you a coupon for 50 cents off Chips Ahoy!  No?  Yuck!  Hmm, I know, I know!  We are going to give first dibs on where to sleep in the order people sign up!  Yes, that is the ticket!  Sign up early and get a better sleeping spot!!!!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

I want to encourage people to sign up early!  

Promise them your food then!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

coastwalker

Somebody close to coastwalker send him some pics of his family with a note to sign up for the race!  Having his pad for a base is priceless!

Twocat, I can't commit just yet (our calendar is in too much of a state of flux). However, whether or not I sign on again this year, the team is welcome to use our place for meet-up, parking, staging, showering, etc.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Definitely in again -- will sign up soon I promise!!

denise

Sayhey! MM#130

I might could swing this if I can keep the costs down.  I'm an experienced public transportation user, so if I could get from Bradley or Logan to a pick-up spot at a convenient time (and I am good at waiting as I always travel with books/crosswords), could I hitch a ride and not have to rent a car?

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

an amazing likeness

I might could swing this if I can keep the costs down.  I'm an experienced public transportation user, so if I could get from Bradley or Logan to a pick-up spot at a convenient time (and I am good at waiting as I always travel with books/crosswords), could I hitch a ride and not have to rent a car?

If you can fly to  Manchester NH (MHT) it would be very...very easy.  Getting to the RTB start location from either the CT area or NH goes right by MHT.

Actually, now that I think about it...there is also steady airport bus service from Boston Logan airport (BOS) north to the Portsmouth NH transportation center a few miles from the Coastwalker's home base.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mariposai

Keep that weekend open. Let me work thing out with the Team Captain.

Your presence would be grand!!!

mrrun

Feel free to hang out at our place while waiting for a ride - we're on the T, not far from Mass Pike, and less then 1.5 hours to coastwalker's home.

and no, I"m not running......

marj

Aamosy We generally pick people up in route from Connecticut to Cannon Mountain.  We can easily work something out from a convenient location if you fly into Logan.  Logistics tend to get worked out towards the date of the race since we need to know who to pick up and where.  The total cost last year, in addition to the registration fee, came to about $325 per person.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Sayhey! MM#130

Thanks everyone!  I'll research flights and see what DH says ,etc.    I would love to join you!

(My high school senior skip day was at Hampton Beach....  but I think the restraining order lapsed some decades ago.)

I forgot to mention that flying into Hartford (Bradley) is another option if you fly and want to get picked up.  We go through Hartford on our way from SW Connecticut to Cannon Mountain.

Sayhey! MM#130

I like Bradley.  What are approximate time frames (as I said, I'm good for hours as I travel with amusements)?  Really, just looking for ballpark, e.g., if you fly into BDL, it'd be best if we could get you between 2 and 4 on Thursday.  For BOS, be there no later than 5 pm.

--Also, approximately when would it be safe to plan to return?

We would work out times when we get a bit closer to the date and know who is going in what van and when they can leave.  For the return, figure on leaving the beach (or better Jay's place) in the late afternoon.  That means either staying overnight near Bradley or getting a pretty late flight out.  Other options include coming into Bradley and leaving from Logan.