Stormy Sunday....... (Read 32 times)

40's,,,rain, and gusts.........

ask me if I Love It,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

...60-min bike ride,

7-up and 7-down

===========

....good running guys.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

coastwalker

Hi Tom, and everyone to follow,

Why aren't my lunches like that?

I had a racewalking training session this morning. I spent about 45 minutes coaching, and then managed to get in 2 quick miles myself before we did some group critiques and training talk. It was a good session. Now I have to put in my driveway markers for when the snow flies, and holiday lights on one of the hemlocks in our front yard.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Tom, Jay and all to follow.  Nice ride in the wind and rain Tom. Sounds like you had a good clinic this morning Jay. Have fun putting up your Christmas lights!

It was downright balmy here at 5:30 when I left the house. 41° Misting a little and slightly "breezy" but the snow we had is gone and if I can run without hats, gloves and running tights at the end of November, it's all good! 7 miles and some core work and bosu ball stuff when I got home.

We have two couples writing offers on our house today. This could work out well

Have a great Sunday everyone and good luck to our racers!

Mornin', Everyone -

JLynne Where are you moving to??

About to take off here and go help The Hub with a couple of his yards before the rain sets in.  I"m feeling better, so tomorrow I will be getting my butt back into workout mode before it decides to stop permanently.

Enjoy your Sunday ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Deez4boys rocked her marathon.  Congrats sistahh. Enjoy your PR!!!

No running here, icy weather is nasty. May run this afternoon. I need to do some home caring to prepare for Enkie and her kids who are coming to visit us next weekend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

40's,,,rain, and gusts.........

A morning monsoon like the morning deluges we used to experience in Singapore in those days cleared like the aftermath of a typhoon or thunderstorm for a sunny Gobble-Gobble 10K start at 9:30 am.  Unfortunately, though it would have been a rare opportunity for a 10K challenge with my 83-yo Ironman mentor friend, it would have risked finally starting to recover from a nagging chest cold and coughing that could risk the chance being afforded by next week’s marathons for another run with one of the area’s nicest running guys as his ALS now has him down to my pace for a while.
              ps tom: did those purple pills end in “adone” too?
              Do you any for chest colds?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...no tet//....those PurplePills end in ''YOWZA''///////

generic robitussin-CF for cough and colds...........and plenty of warm liquids to break up the congestion......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

No meet-up with Aamos but spent bunches of time with OM!!

4:15:32 = 14 minute PR!!  Was really hoping to stay just ahead of the 4:15 pacer but leg cramps started around 23-24 and I just couldn't hold the pace.  Also didn't do a great job on the turns or running the tangents since my Garmin had me running 26.62!!  Overall - a very happy thankful runner cherishing the gift of running, friends, family and faith!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Denise - congratulations!!

Much drama from DD today - that child can be exhausting....she's not even a teen yet and I am already tired....anyway, I managed to get my kids corralled to help with some housecleaning (in between their fights) and then went out alone for some Christmas shopping.  Barnes and Noble has some nifty gift ideas....

15 miles for me today in an unexpectedly delightful 49 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great racing, Denise! Extra nice to have that PR in the bag.

Like my neighbors to the south (Holly) and west (Jlynne), with the cold we've had the last couple of weeks, mid-40s felt downright balmy, and if I'd waited a few hours it would have been mid-50s. Unfortunately, I ran in the morning when it was colder -- and wetter. I was with a couple of hobbled friends, so did mostly a run-walk around the lake until I finally took off for the last couple of miles as the rain picked up for a bit.

I hope everyone did some running this weekend, because they don't seem to be here today. 

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mariposai

No meet-up with Aamos but spent bunches of time with OM!!

4:15:32 = 14 minute PR!!  

Overall - a very happy thankful runner cherishing the gift of running, friends, family and faith!!

Impressive PR!!!

Holly, someday your kids will thank you for making them help you with the house chores,, believe me my 2 sons do it now, they also were not happy with me when I was making them help me.

8 sunny and warm 37F miles. A 41 mile week for me. Just were I should be about now.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Excellent racing, Deez.  Sure seems fast to me.

Tom--hope you find someone to continue your store as you would like.

I made it for a short 3.1 as my end of laziness week.  I had set out clothes for a 20's run earlier in the week, and then kept taking stuff off the pile as the week went on and it got warmer.  Today, I had to drag out some shorts and put away the gloves and hat.  45 was very pleasant.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Nice job on your marathon, Deez...congratulations on the PR.  Has anybody heard how Amy did?  I saw OM did great, too.

I just did 6 miles, tonight....44 minutes and something.

And that's about it.  See ya.

C-R

Quick post.

Well done Deez!

Finished the Monkey marathon today in 3:54. Not my best but had fun. Lots of rain and pain. Met several new folks which was cool.

So over 1200 miles driven, XC racing for Patrick, one goofy marathon for me, some family stuff in Nashville = busy but great weekend.

Tom - sorry about the buyer. Someone good will come along. Perhaps your alumni association can be of help.

Time to get some zzzz's.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

happy PR Deezie. . Forget about the 32 seconds;

the boston marathon calls it 4:15 and so do we.

you should too.

If aamos didn't win her age group by more than an hour,

I'll run 26.2 miles barefoot or something.

C-R: there's a monkey or something that doesn't make sense marathon in Tennesse or somewhere but it's got too many hills for anyone to b reak four hours, especially with unfavorable weather. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)