Masters Running

Sunday JAN 6th Boomaster Runs (Read 678 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Wildchild: where are you in CO?? It's still 36* here in Littleton....was up to 44 during my verrry muudddy Lone Tree run....The Mtns sure look icky @ times though!
    I live in the mountains near Black Hawk, at about 9300 ft elevation. We only had a little snow here today but I heard it was really dumping on the west side of the divide.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It was a rest day for me, so I let DS15 borrow my 305. 8.91 miles in 1:02 (6:58 average pace). The little twerp. And of course that was an "easy" run for him. Sigh, I won't be jealous, I won't be jealous, I won't be jealous...

GreenMan

Great Job Bill! I biked 10.5 and as I was getting ready to run and runnerBeth happened by. She was just starting 10+ I tagged along and turned back @4. She caught back up a few miles latter. She just got engaged over the holidays. Our buddy Nick made 4th OA at the Frosty 50k yesterday. Congrats Nick it you're out there. Thats 8 running, about 6 at my goal MP JJJ
        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
        evanflein

Dear Underachieving Wildchild... I think everyone else missed the memo that said it's... HELLOOOO... JANUARY!!! Sheesh... funny way some of these folks run a winter... Geez, MC, don't know how you do it. I sure couldn't (as I munch on a nice big bowl of hot popcorn after a crunchy apple...). Let us know how that works out for ya...! All kidding aside, you have my deepest respect for your dedication not only to the training program but also the finishing details. And, just to prove that I DO learn from my online friends... I completed 16.4 miles outside, then came home and ran 2.6 on the treadmill (1% incline, about 9 m/m pace). My plan was 16-18 outside, but my knight in a shiny green pickup showed up right at the 2 1/2 hour mark and asked if I needed a ride! I was doing ok but really really sick of the trucks passing by too close and blowing snow all over me. [rant] I can't believe how many idiot drivers around here drive without their headlights on! It's a gray dusky day with blowing snow and virtually no contrast... some of these gray/brown/black vehicles are really hard to see! And what good does all my reflective gear do when these morons don't have their lights on???[/rant] Ok, I feel a little better now. Total run was 19 miles in 2:53, avg temp outside was about zero, inside about 67F. Smile
          SteveP

We're pulling for you Tall.
            Way to go Breger! Cool A good run and drinking coffee are two of my favorite activities. .
            .....That you can do in public without getting a stern talking to by law enforcment. I understand Erika. On New Year's Day we had a good dumping of snow. There were less than a dozen vehicles in 6 miles....Typical here......There were still two close calls from people driving on the wrong siide of the road. With the weather conditions, I couldn't hear the vehicles. A big promotion for the dreadmills. I've never worried about bird dropping while on the endless trail to nowhere (Treadmill). 4 relaxing miles. What % of the population can say they had a "relaxing" run????

SteveP

Thanks. That race actually comes within a mile of my house at the halfway point. I expect I'll be there next year - maybe I'll see you.
              I'll keep you posted. After the Bi-Lo, 13.1 is the longest I plan to race in 2008 so the odds are good I'll be there.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.