Masters Running

west coast meet-up (Read 41 times)

mrrun

we're thinking about a trip to Ashland, Oregon sometime between June & Sept 2016.  Any thought about races good for a meet-up (distance from 5K to marathon)?

marj and henry

Mike E

MM #5615

Can you wait until October 9th for the Portland Marathon?

Tammy would be a good one to chime in on this.  That's in her 'hood. . . . . and it's only about 4 hrs for me. 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Oh man, I'd love to go! But I've already done the West Coast states... several times. What about something a little more inland, like Montana, Utah or Idaho?

Mariposai

I am in for the Portland marathon in 2016 on October 9th. That will mark my 10 year marathon anniversary.

Erika, Missoula has a nice marathon in July. I would love to meet up with you there. Also, Courd' Lane has a very nice route on Memorial Day weekend, I am in for that too Smile.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sounds like Marj & Henrun want to visit Ashland to see some Shakespeare, too, right?  I'll run and go get The Tamster, our Southern Oregon expert.  Woohoo!  I hope to meet Marj & Henry at long last!

Renee

Sayhey! MM#130

HAving had the good luck to have met you all, I can advise to plan accordingly, as y'all gonna really like one another.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

mrrun

Sounds like Marj & Henrun want to visit Ashland to see some Shakespeare, too, right?  I'll run and go get The Tamster, our Southern Oregon expert.  Woohoo!  I hope to meet Marj & Henry at long last!

Renee

Yes- we have to check the dates, but were hoping to plan it around either a race or get-together

TammyinGP

Renee ran to get me! man, that girl has endurance! whew!

Would love to see you both again!!!  And can you believe I've lived here almost 15 yrs and have never seen a Shakespeare play??

There's a nice 10k/HM/Marathon in late September called the Rogue Run. I don't remember exact starting point, but it's somewhere in the Ashland area. it's a point to point. nice race.

Portland Marathon is October, but Portland is 4-5 hrs north, so if you are flying into So. Oregon and just wanting to stick to this area, that might not be the easiest. I've never run Portland either but huge marathons aren't a big draw for me. Although if a group were meeting up at it, I'd be more inclined to go.

There tend not to be as many races here in July/August - a few smaller local club races - but for the most part, it's usually too hot here, low 100's are typical.

Tammy

But we don't have humidity here...

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

and the Rogue Run ends at the venue where the annual Harvest Festival and Brew Fest is going on. What is not to love about that??!!!

Tammy

TammyinGP

I went searching for this thread to see if Marj and Henry still have this on their radar?

I wanted to let you know that there is a limited time 20% discount off registrations for the Rogue Run right now , just in case you were definitely planning on coming out here and wanted to save a bit on race registration.

the discount, thru this friday, would only be $40 for a HM. pretty good deal. but I'm in newport, oregon that weekend for a conference, so will miss it.

Tammy

mrrun

Thanks, but no thanks.  I signed up for the Big Sur half in November (twice as much...) and Henrun the 5k (fingers crossed) and then link up with our Fresno friends either before or after.  Anyone else interested?

marj