Masters Running

Sub Zero Saturday 12/07 Daily (Read 31 times)

Good morning good people! Jay must be out Christmas shopping for his DW, so I'll start the daily. Not much time to do a nice recap like Jay always does, just let me say you had me laughing at all of the poop and boogers posts yesterday Big grin

It was 1° at 5:00 AM with a nice "brisk" wind out of the NW blowing about 15 - 20 mph. Decided I would REALLY like the track at the Y, no matter how crowded it was. And it was very crowded, even at 6:00 AM when the door opened.  Anyway, 6 miles going round and round, 9:43 pace followed with 30 minutes of weights and core work.

Our big decision today is whether we want to brave the cold temps to go cut down a Christmas tree. We were supposed to go with the grandboys, but the weather is not conducive for a 4, 2 1/2 and 9 month-old. Not sure what "Plan B" is. DS#2 is engaged to a young lady from Arizona. She's been living here since last May and after the frigid temps we've been having lately, she is ready to bail on Wisconsin!

Hope it's warmer where you are today.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne - don't tell DS' GF, but the real winter hasn't even begun...Undecided

Temps were not as bad here - 19 degrees and windy - but with the icy roads I decided to stay on the TM anyway.

5 easy paced miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Jay already posted-2 threads today.

..I have turned into a Huge SissyBoy//.............3-4 inches of rain yesterday followed by 20's this morning

didn't even TRY to get to the Pool

===========

............good running to the HardCore>>>>>>>>>>>>>CRANBARRE!!!!!!!!!

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Jeane.

Jay gets up so early, we can't even find him any more.

tom - maybe check with tallrunner or econo but I don't think it's cranberries.

it would be a beautiful sunny, virtually windless day for running here in Seattle, . ..

except it's 19 degrees outside as a week-long cold snap (for here) continues.

I wonder how many tutu Santa's there'll be for tomorrow's Jingle Bell 5K I'm going to miss.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Real winter has not begun!  Shocked  [Sound of fainting Twocat.] Dead

[editor:  I think it is going to take awhile to revive him so I will have to fill in.  He "ran" (so slowly I am not sure it qualified as running) 13 miles today.  After this it is all downhill on the miles until next Saturday's marathon.  All I can say is that it is a good thing refresh buttons on weather webpages do not wear out or his would be long gone.  Really, he needs to get a new hobby.]

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay already posted-2 threads today.

Too funny!  Jay gets more done before 8am than most people do all day....Smile

Twocat - hang in there....what is the forecast saying so far?

Went Christmas shopping today and DH guessed his present even before I had time to sneak it into the house....Angry  That man is so hard to shop for.  Anything he wants, he gets it himself before I have a chance to, and he doesn't like clothes picked by someone else.  Gift cards are about the only thing he likes, and that is a ridiculous purchase for a spouse when all our funds are pooled.  Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Greetings to the other thread.  Can't we all just get along? Big grin

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

holly, sounds like you're married to a lot of people I know, . . . including me.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Two chances to post today? Seems overwhelming for someone who rarely finds time to post on one thread! Big grin

Back home as of 2 a.m. Friday morning. Went to work for most of the day then went shopping with DH. Got home just before 7 p.m. and was too tired to think of a run on the TM. Not a bad day for a rest day anyway.

Hey Jlynne! I thought you retired last April? What's this about working two jobs? Or was that Marj who retired. But I thought you were, too... I'm so confused.

Sorry about the chilly temps you guys have. Ha! No I'm not. It's 29° here at the house this morning. I think I'll run a hilly route outside today! We had forecasts for freezing rain, and actually got a little the last couple days, but not too bad. Although freezing rain is always the last thing we want in the middle of winter!

Holly, I think guys are hard to shop for anyway. I think they feel the same way about us. DH and I agreed we gave each other a trip to Hawaii for Christmas. That takes care of that!

where to post...where to post.......i am soooooo confused!! Wink

5.2 miles for me today - progressive run, maybe tempo pace - I have no idea what my pace is anymore - going to be hard to figure out marathon pace for when the real training commences. 9:14, 8:40, 8:26, 8:18, 8:13 and 8:11 for the last .2

My 1/2 marathon PR this fall was 1:51, my 5k PR was 24:04 - how do I figure out marathon pace?

Right now I am working on building my base - tomorrow have the long leg 9.5 miles of a relay and really looking forward to it!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

deezie - based on someone who used to run like that and didn't know anything about how to train to do it, you should be able to run 26.2 miles at a pace of one-minute-per-mile to one-and-a-half-minute-per-mile slower than your half marathon pace. check with  posie for getting under four hours though. good luck.

deez4boyz the general rule of thumb is that you can run a marathon in twice the time you ran a HM plus 10 minutes.  Or you can use the McMillan Running Calculator at http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/index.php/calcUsage/calculate if you want a more precise estimate or one from races at other distances.  I personally find the calculator to be so accurate it is kind of scary!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

We've had quite a snowstorm blow through Oregon. Had to cancel our trip to Portland for David's bday. I'm just glad that the Blazers ticket office is letting us exchange for another game. that's not normally their policy when the game is still taking place, but since we'd be driving 4+ hr (more like 6-7 w/road conditions), I guess they took pity on us.

We are pretty snowed in and are just lucky that we made it home and up our hill with my Alero before it got too bad. I took the dogs for a run and walk earlier and there are several cars just parked at the bottom of the hill.

It is pretty though - I sure do love the view from our house - just as long as I don't have to go anywhere in this.

Tammy

deez, your Feaster Five wrap up meeting sounded like a fantastic, and emotional, event.

This morning, I did a local 5K.  this is the first in a low key, low cost, series of 4 monthly races.  There are no awards for the individual races, but an overall award in each AG at the end.  (They also have a 10K option).  I have done most of these the last few years. It was about 20° and windy.  I was 58/74 OA and 1/1 in my AG.  My Garmin gave me 3.07 miles and a pace of 9:27.  I did a mile warm up and two miles after the race to get 6  miles for the day.  This race made my "at least one race each calendar month" streak hit 10 years.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS